Monday 9 April 2012

Potted Fig Tree.

My potted fig tree has some fruits.  I have it for a while now, and it has been fruiting very well.

Last year it had more fruits than this year.  Figs are delicious to eat fresh; also, they are excellent to serve with sweets or savouries.  I cannot have enough figs.

Small fruits are on the tree at the moment, maybe in two weeks, I will harvest them.  So far, the fruits are saved from the birds.  I am glad that I don't need to put the bird netting, it is less work.


All these pictures are actually only from one fig tree
Yesterday I saw that one of the figs on the tree was almost ripe, I could have picked it for you, Susan, I forgot.  I have been so busy since I got home on Friday,  I harvested the fruit today, in fact, I had two fruits instead of one. There are more fruits on the tree, but they are tiny.

The fig is green with a slight tint of maroon, it is a lovely colour.

Cut up fresh figs, delicious.
 Beautiful fresh figs, I have been so fortunate that I have the fruits from my potted fig tree. The tree does not look much, but it has been so generous.
My Potted Fig Tree

I recommend to everyone who lives in Victoria-Australia, if you don't like to plant the fig tree on the ground, you can easily plant the tree in a pot.  Have fun and happy gardening.






Sharing Today's Inspiration

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
Mother Teresa.





Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment