Saturday 21 April 2012

In The Garden

Good Gardening Day

Today we enjoyed our time in the garden, yes we both worked hard, a few big jobs had to be done.  The warm sun kept us going, it was a good time to garden. 

The grass has been growing madly due to the rains,
Twice a week it needs cut to have a decent lawn.

Rayner was trimming the large topiary, it is not easy for me to do.
He does good jobs with his trimmer for all topiaries and hedges.



This cymbidium has five spikes, I am looking forward to the blooms.



It is under the eaves, a right place for it as the orchid gets fresh air and morning sun for a short while.
A large pine topiary, one of my collection.  Most topiaries I created from scratch, It starts from a young plant.  The kangaroo takes so long to be matured, and the swan is not healthy, but there is new growth, I hope it will be all green again.




I love Lilli Pillis, they are easy to look after, and you can do so much with them.  This one is a standard Lilli Pilli planted on the ground.






The seaside daisy has grown strongly after a few years,
I am trying to make a circle edging around the clothesline.
See how I go, it may work, my question is can I keep up with the work.

      Brown leaves Beautiful Begonias are flowering, they are there almost all the time.  In winter they die down.
The tall Jade standing against the black fence looks so green and shiny.
 Collection of potted plants, they are well and good, but maybe it is time to put them in the ground.

Most plants are healthy enough, I am pleased that we both working in the garden today.  It was good to have our cuppa sitting outside under the sun.  Lovely!

Gardening is one of my passions, working in the garden is fun, not a chore.  You never finish to garden,  there is always something to be done, to improve etc.  But most of all, I love to share my garden with my family and friends.


Thank You For Visiting My Blog

Until Next Post
Susy



1 comment:

  1. It has been raining since last night, I am glad that we did all yesterday. We are heading another busy week somewhere else. A new project!

    ReplyDelete