Tuesday 17 May 2011

T h e G a r d e n

In The Back-Yard

Today I have been busy in the garden.  I moved around my potted herbs/salad to get the most morning sun, so they can grow better. In my backyard, I noticed that my Yacon the Peruvian Ground Apple are flowering (thanks to Joan, it’s a gift from her).  It stands so tall, very healthy and proud.   Soon I will be harvesting the fruits, and I will share the recipe.  Also, I am so pleased about my sweet potatoes, I planted them last summer.  This is the first time for me to have a sweet potato in my garden.  The plants are creeping on the ground and also climbing on a stick, I am not sure when they will be ready to be harvested.  I do hope they are giving me a good crop.
My Tahitian Lime has some fruits this time, and they are huge, almost like lemons but green.   


Pictures of the Yacon, Sweet Potato, and The Tahitian Lime

Yacon The Peruvian Ground Apple

The Yacon is Flowering

Sweet Potatoes Plants

Tahitian Lime is fruiting.



Every day is getting colder now, Autumn is almost over, but I am happy enough to work in the garden. A matter of fact I was so surprised today, to see that three of my orchids are spiking. I will have some orchid flowers after all this year.
Looking forward to it.

THE   ORCHIDS

One spike

Two spikes, but we can only see one

One spike so far


The next step what I have to do is to clean the orchids plants, to make sure that all the pots and the place are exceptionally hygienic, so they will give beautiful blooms.  I will be very proud to show the flowers to everyone.




Until next time.
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment