Sunday 8 May 2011

M o t h e r ' s D a y

To my family, my dear friends

It has been a grand day for me,  I am enjoying my day thoroughly.  Today is a mother's day, but to me, it is almost my 'day'.  I do what I wish to do,   I have been relaxing the whole day.  Thanks so much to the family-my husband, to my daughters, for the presents, the telephone calls, the beautiful flowers, most of all, thank you for being my dear friends. 

You girls often to ask me about the favourite recipe, I think just about time now that we all share the method to everyone - " Braised Sweet Chicken "


Braised Sweet Chicken


Braised Sweet Chicken

Ingredients:

First

6 chicken legs
¼ cup oil

 Second
Spices and Salt:
1 onion, sliced
3 garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1teaspoon salt

 Third
1tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons honey
1tablespoon salty soy
Juice of a half lemon
2 tablespoons sherry (optional)

Fourth

½ cup hot water

The very last step add in
1tablespoon sweet soy


Method
  1. On a heavy based saucepan, pan - fry the chicken leg in oil to seal.
  2. Add in the second ingredients-the whole lot of the spices and salt,
  3. Stir and toss around, cook for a few minutes.
  4. Add in the third ingredients, all of them and cook for 5 minutes.
  5. Add in the water, bring to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
  6. Cover the saucepan; reduce the heat into shallow setting
  7. Continue cooking for at least 1 hour, turn over from time to time.
  8. At the last of 10 minutes cooking, add some sweet soy, taste it and add salt (if needed)
  9. Put the chicken on a serving plate and put a lot of fried shallot on top.
To serve: Serve with plain white rice and a salad.

 My Daughters favourite recipe to share.  Enjoy!

(Delicious chicken dish and very economical too.)


Some of the ingredients:  honey, sherry, kecap manis (sweet soy), and salty soy.



Sep by Step How to Do

Pan fry the chicken legs

Add some of the lemon juice only.

After five minutes cooking Add in some water.

After cooking 50 minutes with the lid on


The last step-the last 10 minutes of cooking, add in the sweet soy.


Using a very heavy based saucepan or fry-pan with a lid is very important for braising.


Happy Cooking

Susy

2 comments: