Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Month of May

May is a hectic month in my calendar, and important too.   I have a few friends birthday this month.  Today, the third of May is the birthday of Jan, I wish you well, and have a great day.  I hope the weather is right over there in the Netherlands for this special celebration.  Soon will be Rayner’s, I bake special cake yearly for him. The next birthdays are Ed's, then Tris's, Gerrie's Jan's and Caroline's, my good wishes for them.

Mother’s day is this coming weekend; it is real significance for all children.  Happy Mother’s Day.

Other events in May: (Wiki . .)
The second week of May is a bike week-bicycle week, a yearly international event that advocates the importance of bicycling as a means of transportation.
National Smile Month in the United Kingdom
Eastern Christianity celebrates Easter on a Sunday; April 4 to May 8
On the full moon; Vesak is celebrated in many South East Asian countries, it commemorates Siddhartha Gautama
May Symbols: May’s birthstone is the emerald which means love or success; it's birth flower is lily of the valley

Important note:  I will introduce fine cooking: stock to consomme, also a few of Chinese food.




In the backyard, my pomelo tree is fruiting.  I have two fruits this time, they are looking very healthy.  I think I will harvest them in July or August.  It will be exciting recipes to share next time.

Two Pomeloes

The pomelo is looking good.









No comments:

Post a Comment