Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Leaves

Autumn   Leaves


A gorgeous colour of the autumn leaves, creating a beautiful view in the backyard.   I noticed this morning while I was walking around the yard to inspect the garden.  I could not help myself to take some pictures. 

I love deciduous trees, most of them are changing colour through the seasons.  I guess I come from a tropical place, I found that these entire European trees are very fascinating; they have beautiful foliage and shapes too. 


















At the vegetable patch, the eatable leaves are colourful too, such as radicchio, beetroot leaves.  Radicchio is good for salads; the young beetroot leaves add an extra sweetness for a salad mix. 

The rustic deep purple colour of the Radicchio leaves

Beautiful Beetroot Leaves

Green  Cabbage Leaves


I picked the cabbage from the market, I have a plan to cook Javanese Dish.  Braised green cabbage leaves in coconut milk and Rempah.  I think the other dish that you all may be interested in. It is my interpretation of Rempah-braised tasty meat wrapped in cabbage leaves.  Originally the Rempah is cook in banana leaves.  It's one of my mother's favourites.
I am eager to share the recipe soon.


Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment