Friday 27 January 2012

Succulents

Succulent Plants

Beautiful and very easy to care for plants are succulents.  They can grow just about anywhere, from a dry and hot place to a colder climate.  Once you plant them, they stay for you.  They grow with a minimum of water. 

In the past few days, I noticed that some of the succulent plants are flowering.  Most of my succulent plants are potted, but a couple of them are in the ground, and they are as good as the rest.


Of late I noticed the details of the leaves and flowers, they are so beautiful, and the colours of the leaves can change depending on the environment where you plant them.

I love the foliage, the colours of their flowers also the shapes and most of all they don't demand a lot from us.  They can make a grand statement in any garden.



Pictures of Succulent Plants in my garden.
From Potted  To  The Ground










A succulent planted in the ground



To learn more about succulent plants:


Succulent plants, also known as succulents or fat plants, are water-retaining plants adapted to arid climates or soil conditions.  Succulent plants store water in their leaves, stems, and also in roots. Geophytes that survive unfavourable periods by dying back to underground storage organs such as tuberous roots, corms, bulbs, and rhizomes, may be regarded as succulents. (wiki)



To save water, no fuss, easy garden to maintain and there are various succulent plants to choose from, a dream for a practical gardener likes me.

Just like anything else, because they are always there for you, you don't notice them a great deal.  But I do appreciate it now,  the beauty, and the simplicity of it.  However, there is no more room for a new succulent, I run out of space. I shall enjoy what I have.

Until Next Time
Susy

2 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous and sort of prehistoric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are, I am so lucky to have them. And you are right, that they look sor of prehistoric.

    Thanks Jane, have a happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete