Friday 20 January 2012

Fresh Plums

Beautiful Blood Plums.

Homegrown fresh blood plums were delivered to our home by a dear friend.  Thanks, Lyn, I will make the best of the plums.  I love to eat them fresh; however plum jams or plum tarts and muffins could be yummy too.

I cleaned about three kilograms, and I am stewing them now.  I added some white sugar and star anise and cooked them for half an hour.  I will have enough stewed plums for the winter.

Fresh Blood Plums


Cooking the Blood Plums
That was a drama, while I was preparing the plums.  I covered the pot, then the stewing of the plums went berserk, the juice overflowed everywhere.  A big job to clean up.  One has to learn the hard way. I understood that I should not be cooking the plums for a long time.  I think half an hour is a little too long, I could get away with just thirteen minutes instead of thirty.

What I need now is to keep it fresh, then place them in suitable containers for freezing and also I like to cook some of them for muffins, cakes etc.

It has been fruitful Friday. 

I wish you all to have a good and enjoyable weekend.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment