Wednesday 29 February 2012

In The Garden-Updating

The Backyard Garden

We had a busy morning yesterday, but it was a very fruitful trip and an exciting journey.  Travelling by train can be relaxing, we just sat there and would reach the destination, effortlessly.  In the meantime, we did what we wished to do.  That's what we did, relaxing, reading, enjoying the scenery. 

This morning was a different story, I enjoyed walking around my garden before doing anything else, it was cold and fresh.
I was pleased to see that the self-sown plant was doing so well.  Indeed the plant is filling up space, and I think it grows more every day, it needs to be controlled.
The fruits are getting larger since last time I showed the picture, and I am not so sure what it is.  Is it the spaghetti squash? Watermelon? Or pumpkin?



A few jobs have to be done around the garden, I have a list here:
First, potted plants have to be attended to, second, getting ready for new potted vegetables for this autumn, third, resting the soil before planting the seedlings.  

The potted petunias have finished, clean the pots and put them away.  I must say that I appreciated the blooms that last for some time, they were absolutely beautiful.



Resting the soil to get ready for the lettuces



What would you do with lettuces?  I could not do without them, in summer I never have salads in my garden but in autumn, and spring I do.  In winter, I do have winter lettuce: radicchio and endive as they are easy to grow.  Wild bitter lettuce or dandelion grows everywhere because they are the weed.  But this time I got it in a pot, easy to keep clean, excellent for fresh salad mix.

Clean and Healthy Potted Dandelion

Cooking For The Day

Stuffed mushroom with mashed pumpkin, potato, shallot, Parmesan cheese bound with egg. Baked in a hot oven until golden.  Served as it is, garnished with a salad.


Beautiful Baked Stuffed Mushroom.


Beautiful baked stuffed mushrooms garnished with sliced pumpkin, shredded sorrel and purple fresh Dutch carrots.  It is a very delicious mushroom dish a treat for a busy day.

It has been raining, colder weather is much better for everyone.  Enjoy the change!


Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment