Sunday 2 April 2017

QUESTIONS ? ? ?


A lot of questions, while I was in the backyard and saw plants, potted plants are not doing so well.   Hmm maybe due to the weather, it has been scorched, but we did have rains and very substantial too. Is it time for fertilising adding more composts to the plants, airing the soil and so forth?  Autumn tasks in the garden have to be done.
Peony Rose-Kronos

The tree peony rose-Kronos is drying out, the leaves are browning and falling.  Is it time for it?  An unfortunate case for this plant, it has never been healthy since last spring, and it did not flower, merely a disappointment.  Is it going to flower next year, does it need a rest this time?  It had flowers when I got it, it was a beautiful deep red with yellow in the centre.

I must say the potted espalier apple is looking good, there were seventeen apples on this cute tree, and they had such pretty colour, green with a reddish shade.  The apples have grown more significant, but the colour is green, green only without any shadow of red.   Where has the colour been gone?  It is a fuji apple, and I am hoping it is going to be a beautiful red round apple at harvest time.  Will the apple get into red colour?
Healthy looking apples

The look of Espalier Fuji Apple Tree at present.

Why the colour of the apples became green?  Could I have the answer?


Potted Papua New Guinea Impatient.
Is it a perennial plant?  After researched about it, I got more confused.  The answers, yes it is, but it could be annual plant depend on to the species.
Beautiful Flowering Papua New Guinea Impatient

A Spike


It is a late March, and the question is when orchid spikes will be emerging? One cymbidium orchid has three tiny spikes so far, and I am happy.
Emerging Spike

Is April the month of the spikes to emerge?  I must look into the literature, I could not remember.
It starts in March the spikes emerge, as I found out and I saw a few plants have the spike. In April could be more

No fresh vegetables or fruits in the garden,  but the purple flowers are everywhere brightens up the place. The grandchildren are coming for a visit this holiday.  Is the backyard clean and safe enough for the grandkids to play?  Yes, it is!

I know for sure that I am looking forward to having them, they are big now and ready to look after themselves.  We will have fun, and the grandchildren, love looking after us too.
It is going to be a lot of stories to tell from them as well as questions to ask.

Until Next Post
Susy 

No comments:

Post a Comment