Sunday 9 April 2017

BAKSO


Bakso, or meatballs soup was my favourite childhood, and now it still IS!  A day in the restaurant I remember vividly together with my parents and family years and years ago, we all kids were tiny, we enjoyed the outing and eating the bakso in that restaurant which led me to have a fainting attack. It was as a result of the uncontrollable helping of the soup by me, loved the soup so much. It was not scary, only funny but very embarrassing.  It becomes the joke of the family since. We are parents and grandparents now, and on a family gets together this occasion never missed to be mentioned.  Luckily I am not there often. It's a cute story to tell.

Delicious Bakso with Garnishes
Here the soup which I prepared, and indeed it is the best soup in town.  I could say that because there is no restaurant or takeaway shop sell the soup.

Bakso or meatball, it made out of beef, chicken or pork meat similar to the Chinese dumpling that you could purchase in the Asian grocery store, but it is not quite the same to the bakso what I like.

As for the recipe how to make this bakso, I don't have the recipe. But I could share the quantities of the ingredients and the way I do it.
I am sure there are proper recipes that you be able to have and also with clear instructions.


Susy Bakso
250g mince pork
1 whole egg
2 level tablespoons tapioca flour
1 teaspoon salt
A dash of ground white pepper
Method
Place all ingredients in a food processor, blend to process to have a very smooth meat paste. Make small balls.
Boil light stock or only water in a pot to poach the meatballs.
Cooking the Bakso
Let it goes down to a gentle simmer then poach the balls of the meat paste.
The balls will get to the top of the surface of the gently simmering stock when they are cooked
Scoop them out, transfer the bowl.
The bakso balls freeze well.

To Serve the Bakso
Fried shallot, chopped parsley
Cooked Egg Noodles, and garnishes; sliced meat, vegetables (optional), tahu, herbs and fried shallot.
Soy to add flavour
Chilli sambal
Beautiful Broth and the Bakso: hot light stock with light garlic and soy flavour, add sesame oil for an extra nutty flavour.
In a large deep bowl, place the noodles, add the meat, tahu, vegetables, top with fried shallot and fresh chopped parsley, now add the hot broth and the bakso (6 -8 balls), serve at once.  Place the chilli sambal on a small plate, to go with the bowl of bakso.

Hot Bakso  with  Chili Sambal 
If I could have the bakso daily, I would be pleased.  The traditional bakso in Java it does not have vegetables as in my bakso has sliced slivered zucchini.

I am sure when my siblings are having the bakso these days, they would think of me, and they say: Remember! . . . MMM   Susy and Bakso!!!!!.  It is excellent and healthy to have a good laugh

You may have to be brave to try the recipe above, it works for me all the time, and this is the way I like the texture of the bakso.   The soup is delicious, and I love to have it throughout the year, in Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.

Now it is Autumn, you could have the soup, and it is good to try something new.  Happy Cooking.


Until Next Post
Susy.


No comments:

Post a Comment