Thursday 8 March 2018

REFLECTION



A Good Life
Over forty years ago the three of us landed on this land, we were a young couple and very young parents.  Australia was an unknown place to me only Geographically,  also by far, I did not know the traditions and the culture. Come to think of it, how brave I was to go along with Rayner decision to move to live in the new country.

If I have to reflect on the life here in Australia, it is peaceful, pleasant and it has been blessed.  The royal welcome to our arrival by a kind gentleman Frank-the vice-principal of the school which Rayner had to work was so grand, I never forget. I remember the journey from Melbourne to Hamilton, driven by Frank, took so long. He picked us up from the Tullamarine airport, and he took us to have our first meal in an Australian restaurant, that is in Southern Cross Hotel Melbourne (which is no longer there now) that was an exciting experience, afterwards we continued our trip,  we had to pass along a stretch road, and so quiet that's impressed me.  Where's the people? No One!  No traffic? No other Cars! The long drive and the long road was empty.  Anyway, we got to the destination safely, but luckily it was late summer, so it was not too dark.  The first week we spent the time at the house organised by the school   Soon afterwards, we were introduced to teachers, lots of them come from different states, such as Queensland, New South Wales also South Australia.  We met these families, the Mc Aullifes and the Ferrarrettos the Italian family who thought me Italian cooking down the track.  Two kind families we met,  it was an excellent start to help us settled down beautifully, and from here, we met more kind and friendly people.  I remember all these events with fondness.
Moving around a little to live in different towns was a good experience.  Caring for our children the best we could, and now they have grown up, and they have family on their own.
Now in our later life, we move on, and our tasks are not too hard, what we have to do now is keeping our self well, healthy and active.  Based on Rayner's doctor advised that he has to take up any form of exercises or sports to keep him healthy and well, so we decided to join a sports club the Table Tennis in our town.  We were welcome, and I was so impressed with a lady one of the members - Joan who had no reservation what so ever, toward us, she's kind and friendly and made everyone comfortable. Now we both still able to come along to play sports, and I learn more every time.  The leadership of the club is excellent and always welcome newcomers, visitors with care and respect. It is good to see Rayner fits in well in the club and always looking forward to being there.  Life is good.

I love to think about all the right things, remembering the good times, I could not help it to mention all the right people we met. Their kindness, honesty and generosity stay with me forever.
Mrs Boccinno, a kind Italian Nonna, has taught me how to cook Italian dishes which I am very grateful. Pasta making was one of the lessons.

Here it is, homemade pasta, it could be not the same as her version but almost similar.
Homemade egg pasta, spinach pasta, and beetroot pasta.
I made the pasta by hand and also with a machine (a kind of) or a pasta maker which is easily be purchased in the shop around Australia.
Recipe for the pasta, look on an older post, simply type pasta in the search column.




Have fun and enjoy to make the pasta with any sauces that you like.  I am sure it is easy enough to do without any recipe from here.

Since then, I have been learning the cooking of different cuisines and still going strong, wanting to do more.

A very emotional reflection on me, I am glad I can share it.  We have A Good Life here because of the love of all people around us.  Thank You All.  It is all right for our family, and we are blessed.  Forty-four years is a long time, but I remember vividly the day I stepped on this blessed land.
We have a beautiful and simple life, lots to be grateful for.

Today we celebrate the anniversary in the garden, enjoying the gorgeous sunny day, and appreciating the work of a hired gardener who tidying up our backyard, the hedges now are trimmed and dressed.  Beautiful!


I wish you all to have a great day!






More Post
Susy



No comments:

Post a Comment