Wednesday 7 March 2018

EASY !


A crispy, brittle and soft crust of bread is Easy to eat; unfortunately, my sourdough bread is not that good; however, I like it.  Fair enough to bake the bread for oneself, but I have to think of the family too.  Soft, light and yet crusty is the bread for the family, especially for Rayner.  I think he deserves to have a good bread that he likes, I must bake one for him.
Today is a warm day, gardening is too hot for me, but we had a great outing in the morning, so we both decided to work on what it fits for us.  I am taking advantage of the warm weather for the bread-making dedicated to Rayner, and I hope he likes it, and it is a very Easy bread- A made up the recipe.  Warm weather is the dream for him to garden, and out there, he is working.  So let him be, I told him it would be better working outside after three o'clock.  No, pressure, obviously it was fun and easy for him.  While he was out, I prepared and baked his bread.

Here it is the special bread for Rayner, would he be surprised?  Time will tell.  The plan was to serve for a late afternoon tea, simply slice the honey bread and spread with thick butter. Yummy!


Honey Bread for Rayner

Ingredients
The Dough

Plain flour, and some rye flour
Honey, salt, raw sugar, sourdough starter and yeast
Water and butter-softened or melted

Method
So Easy!
Mix all ingredients together to make a soft dough.
Place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place to proof for one hour.


Two round balls, this dough is
ready for the final proofing
The dough has doubled in bulk, punch it down, knead lightly.
The dough has been proofed.

Make it into two round balls, and place them on a buttered baking tin, to sit side
by side



Before baking, brush the dough with milk
and score the dough on top


The dough is scored with initials
and ready for baking
Proof the dough again for 35 minutes.
Brush the dough with the milk and dust with some flour

Score before baking, I score with his initial name  R H
Bake in a hot oven 200 degrees C for 16 minutes, reduce the heat to 190 degrees C and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes.

I pulled the bread from the oven, and it looked good, wished the taste is good too.  After all, it's a made-up recipe, today I prepared all ingredients simply throw everything in the mixing bowl, but I believe it's going to work.  It was effortless, very Easy.

Beautiful Honey Bread is a natural mix and straightforward process
Freshly Baked Honey Bread of the Oven
The first name is not very clear to read, R and H.
The Bread is on a Cooling Tray

The bread baking was no disappointment, the freshly baked bread sat on a cooling tray, and I must wait until cold to cut it.   It took a bit of time, enough to organise the bread for the surprise.  At that point, we both were ready for the late cuppa, and I show Rayner the beautiful bread, what I did specially for Him.  He was pleased and enjoyed it as it's easy to eat.  Now I know what type home-baked bread he loves, on the day I bake my sourdough bread, I will bake his bread, and the whole process only takes three hours. Very Easy. The honey bread was born, and it stays with us forever.

Now, I have to think and to remember the quantities of the ingredients.  Otherwise, next time, I won't be able to bake the bread properly.

Doing thing together is Easy, and it is almost our signature. It works well for us.
We have more time to learn new things and to be busy with friends now as the children have grown up and to have their own family. The ride has been Easy so far.

Relaxed Lifestyle we have chosen, and it suits us well.  No pressure and no make any demands.
The children agree if they read this post, that we always emphasise about job sharing in our house is very important, and it is no difference between girls job or boys job.  Everyone has to chip in for the sake of living together in harmony.  Busy life but Easy life.
I have to admit, Rayner gives examples to our girls very well, he is happy to take any task and does it with Ease.  Rayner says house chore is our community work.

Relaxed lifestyle works well within our family, however, to be with people one must not be careless, I keep reminding myself, watch your step and don't forget your place, with this attitude, maybe Easy time with people could be achieved.


The word 'Easy' is pretty grand, but only yourself to give the right meaning.


Until Next Post
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment