Friday 16 February 2018

Potted Plants



Visiting the garden today, the backyard is looking alright, nothing special, the late summer the garden could be a little shabby, the grass is yellowish and dry.  But the potted plants are amazingly healthy. Watering them have been regular to keep the plants relaxed and happy.

The potted Fiddle Leaf Fig indoor plant was sick, it has been not well since early March 2014 or could be before. It is not mine, but  I have been taken care of it since.
It was a time that the plant looked even worse after the loving care, but by perseverance, eventually, I got it better.  I am so glad that I did not listen to Tris and Susan, the owner of the plants, when they saw the plant looking so bad, they told me to chuck it away in the bin.  No, I could not do that.
It is better, and the leaves are very healthy dark green, and now I am the proud owner.

Potted Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree.
What I did to save the plant from getting better.
The Leave is dry, whitish
It does not look good.
In the backyard to care and to report
the sick Fiddle Leaf Plan
First, the plant was transferred to a new pot and replaced the soil with a better potting mix.

Water a little, but regularly,
The added fertiliser that suited for the indoor plant.

Moving it around to get the right environment for the plant.
Now it is sitting close to the window, it gets a good enough light.

It looks strong, healthy with green leaves, four years later, after the treatment.





The Look of the  Fiddle Leaf Fig House Plant Now
I believe in a few years it will grow beautifully. It has full and compact green leaves. The  Fiddle Leaf Fig tree could be so handsome as an indoor plant, it adores any room.



Hoya Day
Today I feel fit and energetic, as yesterday we played table tennis at our sports club.  People are always very welcoming in the club, you would feel at home over there, every time.  Rayner had a great day he told me and it was such a successful exercise and so much fun! As for me was a slightly different, I had new coaching about how to serve better, I was so grateful for it, but it will take time for me to do it well.  It is a social game, but you could be very competitive if you want to, as Rayner says, I play to win, fair enough, but you have to be courteous, one day I have to reprimand him that he's selfish in the games, and I did.  It got to be said.  It is not mateship, but because I care and he is my friend, almost fifty years.  I think he listened.  The sports help us to be kind and fit, that's for sure, a great rest on the next day.
Feeling fit and healthy from yesterday sports, I have this enthusiasm to work in the garden this afternoon.   Anyway, as I said that I had tons of energies, and I decided to care and work for my Hoya plants.  I know it is going to be a big job and require a lot of patience and also time.  Right now is the Hoya Day! I give it all to these waxy plants as I call.
The story of my Hoya: years ago I was given a small Hoya plant, I did not know about the plant at all, what I did know that I have to water it now and then.  That was what I did, and the plant was flourishing and growing to be a large plant.  I made a few cuttings, and now, I have more than enough to care for.  The flower is a pretty soft pink, and it has a lovely perfume.  Beautiful!
Fixing, Working and Caring for The Hoya Plants.
My job today was, to tidy up the plants, put the stick on the pot for Hoya to climb so the plant will grow upward and hopefully we could see the flowers later on.
It did not sound very much, but you have to be careful not to break any leave and the delicate stems.

Putting the stick down, planted in the pot, and keep the vine stems attach to the stick, tie them with strings.  Not hard, but a bit tricky!

After these steps all have done, a metal frame climber had to be put it down, and it's sitting at the back of the stick.  Make sure it sits firmly and straight.
Two Hoya plants I had to work with and, the other pot is a much larger plant.  It needed two pieces of garden sticks.  It was not easy, but I managed.

The two potted are now sitting under the eave, a cool place and well protected from the win.

The Large Hoya Plant.
As careful as I could to work for the massive plant, but a few leaves were damaged, and also the young vine stems were broken too.


Beautiful Potted Hoya Fully Dressed.
It was a fun and good Hoya Day. The potted Hoya looks so smart and respectable.  Also fixing other potted plants were my tasks, a lot to be done, and I did it with care.

Another newly potted plant which brightens up the place is the red Mandevilla-Dipladenia, a beautiful climbing plant with a gorgeous red flower.  I was told it flowers for a long time from spring to autumn.
Mandivillia - Dipladenia

Instead of visiting the Chinese community for the new lunar year, we stayed at home gardening.  No disappointment, though, it's all good.
Happy Lunar Year to All Chinese Family.  This year is the year of the Dog -  Faithful, Friendly and Caring.


A lovely day we had, a productive and useful day I had.  Now, All, the potted plants are not only healthy but looking good.



More Posts
Susi

No comments:

Post a Comment