Thursday 22 February 2018

Beautiful Bread.


Today, early in the morning my husband-Rayner reminded me of baking the bread, and I said 'No', not this morning but I will bake in the afternoon sometime after twelve o'clock.  I told Rayner I wanted to have a leisurely morning and no rush.   Indeed, we had a lovely morning, a good time with a bunch of good people.  I am sure everyone had a great morning, a beautiful day.
The bread preparation started from yesterday and retarded in the refrigerator overnight.  Usually, I bake the bread early morning on the next day from the preparation. I counted the hours from the prep to the baking was 21 hours, so it's alright, still in the time frame.  I am still learning to be a monthly baker and the journey of baking sourdough bread continues and thanks to family and friends who give me support.
Beautiful Bread, Boule.
Freshly Baked 'Boule' on a Cooling Tray

This was a sourdough bread with less leaven and longer autolyse, I was curious about this method, and I could not wait to try it. The preparation was fun, and with hope, I will have good bread.
The recipe based on the Perfect Loaf.
Preparation
Baking sourdough bread, the country loaf, Boule.
Flour mix with water, autolyse for 3 hours.

The flour mixture after the autolyse, add the leaven, salt and water
to make the soft dough

The dough is ready for bulk fermentation.
After finished the bulk fermentation, followed by resting on a bench for one hour, the first shaping took place, then cover the dough for another 20 minutes rest.  After the rest, the final shaping of the dough has to be done.  Place the dough on a lined and floured basket to proof for 2 hours, and continue proofing in the refrigerator overnight.  Baking the dough in the morning (usually).
The Dough is scored and ready for baking.
In the afternoon, I baked the bread.  I followed all the procedures, and I was waiting for the result anxiously.  However, the result was great, pulling a good loaf from the oven was a gift.  I got an excellent looking baked 'Boule' with a beautiful pattern.
The dough, in the hot pot and ready for baking in the oven.
The Bread, during the baking
Beautiful bread with the oven spring, golden and shiny.
From there, keep on baking for 22-25 minutes, until the bread is dark brown.  As pictured bellow.

Beautiful Bread, Freshly Baked.

We tasted, it's much and much better from the previous month baking,  but still rooms for improvement.  The crust is thinner, but even slightly hard and it's not easy to eat.  The scoring did not spit very well but was good enough.



A lovely morning, a good afternoon, and I had the best sourdough bread with herbs, I ever baked. In the late afternoon, we had energies still to work hard at home.
Every day is a good day if we want it to be.  The beautiful bread made my day!

Thank all friends who are willing to taste the baking and giving the assessment, especially who is ready to say truthfully.  Thank You!


Another Picture of Beautiful Bread
Beautiful Crumb
White sourdough bread, and sourdough bread with walnuts
Beautiful Crumb of White Sourdough Bread

Sourdough Bread with Walnut  with an open crumb
Beautiful Bread, based on the tasting, the crust still needs improvement though!
It is my dream to bake a perfect loaf with soft and tender crumb, crusty and brittle crust. 



More Posts

Susy




No comments:

Post a Comment