Sunday 9 June 2013

Orchids- Cymbidium

Updated today, 27 June 2013, happy reading and enjoy!


The Budding Cymbidium Orchids for 2013
About thirty orchid plants, only nine plants are budding.  Some of them are inside now, they will look spectacular when the buds are open.

The pots, the soil and the leaves are cleaned before being taken in, I made sure that I did not disturb the buds.  So far so good, until I had to dress the pot, I broke two buds, thankfully not the whole stem.

Five Cymbidium Orchids In The House

One picture of cymbidium orchid taken from different angles.

In four weeks these buds are going to open, I hope.
I am not sure about the colour of the flowers, I love surprises.  You may say that my filing system is not good enough, after all, it is only out of thirty orchids, so I should know the colour.

 88888
Added today, 27 June 2013.  The colours of the orchid are dusky pink with a touch of green.  Three spikes on the orchid and they are all open.  So pretty
I am doing well this year, the flowering orchids are healthy and beautiful for the display.  However, I will cut the green orchids and place them on a vase or vases soon. 


The orchid below may be will open up in a week time.
This potted cymbidium has five spikes this year, but every stem has a few buds only, from eight to twelve
 88888


In this post, there are two spikes, and they have a lot of buds.  One stem has eighteens buds, it is going to be so spectacular and beautiful when its in full bloom.  Again I don''t know the colour.
88888
It is a Green Colour
Added on 11 June 2013
Some buds start to open

Two spikes orchids in full bloom, two buds dropped off
they were never open.  I am planning to cut them off, and place them in a tall vase, or two tall vases.
(added today, 27 June 2013)

The cascading orchid, Sarah Jane, I am sure the colour is creamy white, it has six spikes.  It is pretty to look at when all flowers are in full bloom and are cascading over the basket.
A beautiful creamy white Sarah Jane (pictures of one orchid)
88888

Added today 27 of June 2013.  It was not the creamy cascading cymbidium
orchid - Sara Jane.  But it is brownish colour, small cymbidium cascading orchid.  But you will be amazed to see how long the pikes now.  One of them is 95 cm long with 28 buds.  

I have moved the orchid, and I put in a basket, and it is sitting on a table.
There are 10 spikes, and when they are all open, they will be very spectacular.  I could not wait, this is for the first time that the orchid has ten spikes.
 888888



One spike on a pot, the first flowering orchid.  It was regrettable that I broke two buds from the stem.  I wonder what colour is it?, soon I will find out, it is right in a way that I have something to look forward to.
888888



The rest of the orchids are outside.  Some of them are sitting under the trees or at least close by the trees, and some of them sitting under the eaves.  The best way to keep the orchids during winter is under the eaves in the back of the house, away from strong wind, and they are protected from the frosts.  For the people who have orchids house, they have no problems.

I will show some pictures when the orchids are in full blooms, stay tuned.
27 June 2013,  I am glad that I updated the orchids today, hope you enjoy them.  More to come, wait tuned.

Thanks For Stopping By
Until next post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment