Saturday 22 June 2013

Olives


Kalamata Olive. 
Rayner's kalamata olive tree is doing very well this year, and it is almost harvest time.  He cut a few branches of the tree, as they are disturbing the neighbouring plants. I think there are more than five hundred grams of olives on the branches.

After the full harvest, I will do the preserving, and Rayner will tidy up the tree.  He is going to prune and also make the tree into a better shape.

Cooking with olives is something that I don't often do, but I do pizza with olives topping, olive bread, and I like to put some olives on my mixed salads.  I have cooked moist chicken with olives, it is a braised chicken with little fresh tomato and some olives based on Italian dish Polo Umido.  It was very delicious.

Leafy Salad with Ricotta and Olives, it is one of my composed salads, the dressing is effortless, what you need is good olive oil, a dash of lemon juice, and salt to taste.
Leafy Salad with Ricotta Cheese and Kalamata Olives


A good day for baking when outside was so cold and wet, we were happy enough staying in and enjoy the comfortable, warm place.  Ricotta Muffins with Olives were my baking for our hot lunch that day.  I can share the recipe with you.
Savoury Muffins with Ricotta and Olives


The Muffins Recipe

Muffins with Ricotta and Olives

Susy’s Recipe
Makes 6


Ingredients

200 g self-rising- flour
50 g ricotta cheese
¼ cup olive oil
2 eggs
fresh oregano
200 mil milk
2 tablespoons chopped olives
2 sundried tomato, chopped
a pinch of salt

Extra
100 g extra ricotta cheese

Method

  1. Prepare 6 muffin tins, buttered and lined.
  2. Heat the oven up to 200 degrees C for a fan forced
  3. Place the main ingredients in a large bowl, and mix them gently but quickly (do not over mix)
  4. Spoon onto the muffin tins, a spoon for each tin, take some ricotta of the extra cheese and place a scoop in the middle
  5. Add another spoon of the muffin mixture on top to cover the ricotta.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes
  7. Rest in the tins for five minutes before turning out to cool on a cooling tray

Enjoy

June 2013






In The Backyard
In the vegetable patch, there are lamb lettuce, French sorrel which is doing great, and some herbs which are ready to have a rest.

The potted carrots are growing well and also perpetual lettuce. I did mention it before that this is my first time to plant carrots.  I am curious how it is going to be,  good or not.


Indeed I am pleased with the olive tree, we made the best of the home preserved olives, for my cooking, baking and we are eating from the previous year's harvest.

I baked olive bread from the preserved olive, I will share the recipe as well, stay tuned.
Olive Bread

Have A Good Weekend!


Until Next Post
Thanks For Visiting My Blog
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment