Tuesday 22 January 2019

SUMMER ROSES




The Rose Bud - Just Joey
Pettit Bud and Pretty



The second flowering rose during summer time is here, but the flowers are smaller. It is good to pick the buds for the flower arrangement to lasting well.  Love them though they are cute.

Took the pictures the other day.


Choosing the right vase for any flowers is essential to get a lovely look.  With this vase, I never get it right, struggle after struggle, and in the end, I understood that I need more flowers or green to fill up.

Longish Vase is hard to work with
Freshly Picked Buds of Roses




















The flowers look beautiful and bright. Good lighting while the photo was taken.

The art of photography that I need to learn, obviously!





Creamy White
No, they are not roses, I thought they are too beautiful just staying on the tree.  Now they sit inside the house on the Dining Table, a shame that they do not stay long.
Magnolia
Beautiful Creamy White Roses,
So soft with a delicate fragrance. 

Champagne Roses
Single Champagne Rose
The Champagne Rose, I think I have one of those grows in my garden,  a souvenir, it brings a beautiful memory
A long time ago a gift of fifty champagne of roses a pretty bouquet for my special day. The stem is short but sweet. 
Yes, cream or white is the favourite, a natural colour if I could say, as white is not a colour.  Come to think of it, I could not see my husband chooses the rose other than white at the most is cream.
A decade later, sixty long stem white roses a big bouquet for me. It's serene and beautiful.  So Perfect. The problem was the vase, the rose bouquet needed a large one.

Long stem white rose.
The bud of a long rose
 The long bud white rose.

Serene White Long Stem Roses
This long white stem rose is growing well in my backyard, from a plant of standard, rose, and now there are two rose bushes.  Just like other roses,  they are easy to grow, and this long stem white rose is disease tolerant.
I never thought that I would be a gardener, my father would be pleased to see.  The red rose bushes were started from a cutting, and now I have lots.  Roses become one of my favourites flowers.

Three other roses which are in flower now, the whiskey, angel eyes and the variegated pink and white.  I said earlier that it is better to cut the rose buds for the flower arrangement, but one day I like to pick the Angel Eyes Rose when it's in full bloom.  Put them in a basket, you do not need a vase, and I think it would look spectacular.



The rose flowers are dry due to the hot weather, let stay there a little longer, the dry petal will be useful to add to the potpourri mix.
The summer roses serve us well, not only make the garden stays pretty but brought lots of good memories, especially the white one.  

We could be productive with roses, potpourri could be made, rub the dried petals with fragrant oil keep in an open container and place it in any room to make the room smell lovely. 

.
Love the Idiom: Stop and Smell the Roses.
To relax, to take time out of one's busy schedule to enjoy or appreciate the beauty of life.


Susy












No comments:

Post a Comment