Sunday 27 January 2019

Indoor Plants



Fiddle Fig Tree
Looking after indoor plants is similar to caring for outdoor plants.  Once you have found the right spot for them, you cannot go wrong.  What you have to do is water and fertiliser regularly.  Do not do too much of everything, too wet soil and over fertilizer is a no-no! Remember that!.  Most indoor plants need enough air circulation and morning sun.  Opening the window to air the rooms is good, and it is beneficial for the indoor plants.

Caring for delicate plants is challenging. For a long time, Susan's fiddle fig tree was not well, and I volunteered to look after it. Took a while to get better, and it was not easy. I struggled at the beginning, but determination and perseverance did pay.  After sometimes the plant has improved.  The leaves looked better, even though I had to get rid of a few, but eventually, the leaves grow back again.


I chose the bathroom area for the plant to live, but it developed problems, the leaves had whitish spots, the plant it could be fungus or the bright morning sun and the plant looked worst.  Since then, with lots of trials, the plant survived, but it's growing very slowly. Eventually, the plant settled down and become better.

I let the plant stays in one place never move it again,  and now this year 2019, the plant looks healthy and is taller, it has more leaves, beautifully green. I am the carer of the Fiddle Fig tree and also the Owner now as Susan has a New One.
I must update the story of this indoor plant soon.
Beautiful Fiddle Fig Tree
By the end of the year, the plant will grow bigger and full up with large leaves.


Other Indoor Plants
From Birdnest Fern to Monstera Deliciosa.


The indoor plants were so popular in the seventies, a few I had grown too and was excellent.  Today I do enjoy having them, I think they give a character of the space inside the house.

Fernery Corner
It gives a cooling effect, I have seen it in some houses.  I like the maidenhair firn, it is a delicate fern and beautiful.  Once upon a time, I purchased a pair of those to add for the Chrismas decoration and were very expensive, sadly they did not live long.  The room where they sat was too hot it could be.
Two friends sharing their indoor ferns with us, and today the maidenhair fern plants are here growing, one is doing alright, but the other one is not so good.  Special care has to be done.

This picture of the maidenhair fern that I was talking about is looking good lots of delicate green leaves.  The truth is it was better and healthier when it got to us.  Thanks, Anne.  I could not bring myself to show the other maidenhair plant because it is looking so sad, the whole pot there is one stem fern growing, sorry Rosemary.
Be updated.


The Swiss Cheese plant or Monstera Deliciosa can be planted outside among the ferns family I got one of those, and it is doing great, and of course, it does look handsome to be inside the house.
Outdoor Plants - Fernery



It has been sweltering days where we live, but today is a refreshing change, delightful indeed.


Have a pleasant weekend!


Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment