Saturday 25 March 2017

VEGETABLES


Freshly Picked Vegetables
from Annie's garden
Cooking Vegetables are not too hard, and the dishes always taste friendly.  I would be delighted to have leafy salad and garnished with a cooked vegetable dish.  I know it is not a simple work, it involves time and thorough preparations.

These days, I am so fortunate to be able to get fresh produce from the market, or farmers market, as I have been unlucky in growing vegetables this time.  I am not a good gardener, but I am not too bad. In the past, I could harvest the abundance of vegetables, and they were enough to cater for my family.


Harvested Vegetables from My Garden in The Past
This is an example of my cooking vegetables, eggplant and cheese baked, it was so beautiful and delicious.


Baked Eggplant with Cheese
Spaghetti Squash in my Vegetable Garden
Spaghetti squash was so good, simply steamed or baked, then scrub the flesh with a fork and mix with melted butter to serve.  A new vegetable I learnt recently, and I love it.  It is easy to grow, I must plant it again next Spring.

Pumpkin-Mini Pumpkins

At the farmer market, I found these mini pumpkins, I had so much fun to cook and enjoyed the dish.
You could do baked pumpkin (wrap it with aluminium foil to bake), and stuffed with other vegetables to serve.  Eat the delicious roasted pumpkin and at the same time, use it for the presentation.


I think it is almost mushrooming time, you might be good at it, go to the field and can collect these giant mushroom to take home.  
I cooked a giant field mushroom last time by pan-fried it, garnished with fresh grated carrots and nuts. 

 
This week I cooked vegetables, egg and cheese pie.   I made the best of Susy water pastry, it kept me busy, and I had an excellent time to make it. Rolling and stretching to a more delicate pastry sheet was very relaxing.  I cooked it with the pan fry method, instead of to bake in the oven, and it worked beautifully.
The filling: Egg, eggplant, red onion, fresh herb-basil,
 Feta and Ricotta cheese
Golden Brown; Vegetable, Egg and Cheese Pie
To serve the pie, cut into wedges, garnished with a salad.  It is delicious warm or cold.










There are a lot more of cooking vegetables that you could see in this blog, please have a look.
I do love my vegetables, and the family loves them too, and I do love fresh fruits as well, next time I will show you how I go about with the fresh fruits.
This morning, a friend stopped by to give these gorgeous fresh figs for us,  thank you,  Eileen.

 On that note, I am so happy as my potted fig trees don't do very well. However, I did harvest some.
Proud Moment
Harvesting Cabbage

Harvesting vegetables from my garden is a big thing for me.  No, I was not born from a farmer family, but I am sure my parents would have been pleased and proud of me.

Vegetables cooking in my kitchen is always there and also cooking with fresh fruits, and here the creativities take place.







Until Next Time
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment