Monday 13 March 2017

SO SWEETS


If I have to look back how sweet and smooth it was travelling in the car with Frank Fulton, the vice principal of the school where Rayner was going to work.  From Tullamarine Melbourne to Hamilton was a rather far distance, but it was such a beautiful and peaceful journey, and indeed it was a royal welcome that the school provided us with a furnished house to live in.  We were settled in no time, a sweet start.  From here, I meet kind generous and loving people, and some of them become our friends from whom I learnt a lot from.
We celebrated the day, and we had a sweet cake. I think it was appropriate to do so.  The cake was a tipsy cake with filling and topping.
The next day I got a phone call from a friend who I met in 1975, that was a surprise as I have not been seeing her for awhile.  We had a long chat, and it was great.  A few hours later, I went to her house, which is not too far away from ours, and I have a plate with sweet and savouries on my hands.  Obviously, she did not expect to see me at all.  It is a special occasion I told her. I could not help it to share what I had that day and the cake.
Love sharing my cooking,  now it has become my tradition, I do what I like to because I want to!, and it is so easy as I have full sport from the family.  It may be a rather odd practice over here.  But I am comfortable as I do it with respect.

A tipsy cake with cream cheese filling topped with glace apricot and fresh mango.  It's slightly sweet but delicious.  Also, the finger sandwiches one of our family favourites.

Today is a public holiday, it is a labour day holiday, the grandchildren are not at school, and the adults are having the long weekend holiday too.  Everyone is having a good time, including myself.  In the morning dressing my apple cake was good, because it's effortless, simply dust the cake with icing sugar and add the edible herbs and flowers to garnish. It was a sweet and delicious apple chocolate cake to be shared with friends for a morning tea.
Apple and Chocolate Tea Cake
The Sweet Apple and Chocolate Tesa Cake

So sorry that I don't have a proper recipe to share, but The apple cake was a quick mix cake, effortless technique that everyone knows how to do.
The ingredients;  apple-peeled, poached and sliced, self-rising flour, cocoa powder, mixed melted butter and oil, brown sugar, eggs and milk. Add some bicarbonate of soda diluted in water at last and blend in to make a smooth dropped spoon consistency cake batter.  Bake in a medium-hot oven for 35-37minutes or until cooked.  That's as I remember.


A sweet start, just the three of us, and Now, it is So Sweets to have a big family.  We are blessed.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment