Friday 2 January 2015

The First Day in 2015

Today is the first day of the new year, I am feeling good after a long rest.  We had a quiet time on the New Year's Eve but enjoyed our supper just the two of us,  the excellent food and fine drinks sent us resting till mid-morning.

The next morning at lunchtime,  the rituals had started, Rayner said this is the first day of cooking in the new year.  He was right, everything seems worked accordingly.  We can be robots if we are not careful, but it was the right thing to do.  I love eating home cooking.
Yellow Rice with Chicken Curry and Acar
It is a Javanese dish which I love to serve in the new year.  To me, it represents prosperity (yellow-gold) and (the cone shape-mountain) success.

I hope you had a lovely celebration last night and enjoyed a restful day today.  May the new year bring you happiness, prosperity, and it keeps you in good health.
I have decided that this year is a year to slow down, to relax and to be happy and I know I could do that.
washed herbs

It is just about time, late afternoon, most mums in Australia are getting the dinner ready.  My cooking is a simple one today, using what is there.  Pizza, I am in luck that I have enough yeast to make the dough, as for the topping there are sufficient ingredients, and the fresh herbs are from my garden.
At five o'clock, my dough needed proofing, and I was sure at 6 o'clock I could start preparing for the pizza, and it will cook before seven, well it was served at seven.
Two types of pizza are going to be baked on the same baking tin, it is so handy to cook for two.

See how they looked, before the baking and after they were cooked/baked. 

Margherita Pizza and Pizza with mushroom - Gorgonzola cheese topping


The Pizza
Ready to be baked
Freshly baked
 Cut into small slices to serve.

Margherita Pizza


I visited my neighbour on the New Year's Eve, and found her in the kitchen, she did a lot of baking, and one of them was sausage rolls.  Oh dear, it made me want to do it too.  Of course, to make the best.
Sausage Rolls Susy Style
Of the oven, while I baked the pizza, I did the sausage rolls as well.  Now they are sleeping in the freezer, just as well that pies and sausage rolls freeze well.

The first day of 2015 started well, I did what I love to do, a few baking but no recipes for you. I cooked for us, no measurements were taken.

We have been eating and indulging since Christmas, I am sure you won't dare to get to close to the scale, I am too scared,  Soon, it is time for fasting, no longer feasting, our body needs it.

I hope your first day was as good as mine, I wish you all the very best.

Until Next Post
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment