Friday 16 January 2015

Avocado Bread and the Garden.


Avocado is one of my favourite fruits.  It is delicious to add in salads or drinks. Picking avocado is not easy, choose the large one and firm not too ripe or too soft.  I bought one in a supermarket, I thought I did the right thing, and it has been in the fridge since until I wanted to prepare a mixed salad.  There it was, it looked good, but bruises inside.  I took some of the good one, I did not mix it with the salad, but I mashed it up and added with yoghurt for making avocado bread.  It worked well, and the bread was delicious.



Avocado Bread with Nuts



Here is the recipe for you.

Avocado Bread with Nuts

Ingredients
Two cups full of self-raising flour put it on a large bowl.
A handful of mixed nuts, add onto the flour and mix.
Avocado mixture:
Place these ingredients in a small bowl
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado, 1 tablespoon yoghurt, 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil, 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk.
(mix all together)

Method
Add in the avocado mixture onto the flour mix,  all at once, mix in quickly to make a soft dough.
Transfer on a lined paper baking tray.  Shape in a long loaf and mark diagonal across with a knife.
Bake in a preheated hot oven at 210 (my oven-a fan forced) for 18 minutes.  Transfer onto tea towel which is lined with baking paper,  Wrap it quickly and let it cool, I did it because I want the bread soft and moist.
Slice when it is cold, serve with cheese or simply spread it with good butter.


The Process







Sharing what is going on in My Garden.

Second Round Roses

Red roses are back in flowers, but they look different compared to the first round.  Anyway, it is good to see that there are colours in the garden.

Snap Shots








We had a lot of rains of late, the potted plants are flourishing, and the potted fig trees are fruiting beautifully and looking so healthy.





The vegetable patch is so good, herbs and self seeds Swiss Chard is growing well, it is the time for baking vegetable and cheese pie.






The avocado bread was right, it keeps well for a few days in the pantry, and soon I will bake the vegetable pie, make the best of the fresh Swiss Chard.


Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment