Friday 17 May 2013

Zucchini Flowers

Stuffed Zucchini Flowers

Light Batter
It was good cooking, the stuffed zucchini flowers of the last crops from my garden were fried beautifully, so delicious. The fritters were so crispy and light because I did the batter correctly.  It was made out of self-raising flours, Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and water, no eggs at all.

The composition of the batter

Susy Light Batter
1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup cold water
Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix them thoroughly.
You can use it straight away.

I stuffed zucchini flowers with ricotta cheese mixed with egg and herbs.  There were five of them, what I did, first I heated oil in a deep pot over medium heat, I had to wait until the oil was hot enough.  Then I dipped in my stuffed zucchini in the batter one at a time, put it in the hot oil, cooked until golden brown.  I fried two at the time, you could do more than two, depending on the size of the fryer.

Preparation and The Frying
Beautiful stuffed zucchini fritters, so light and crispy 


 I use both the zucchini flowers, male and female.  So if you wish to try to cook the zucchini flowers, don't hesitate using the two, they both are edible.

Steamed stuffed zucchini flowers?, can it be done, I am not sure, I have been thinking about it, I must try to do it one day.  It could be a healthier version.

Use the batter for green tomato fritters.





Slice the green tomatoes, sprinkle with salts, rest for ten minutes.  Prior frying, wipe off the salt, dip the tomatoes into the batter, fry in the hot oil until brown.


Serve the green tomato fritters for garnish or serve as it is with a salad or a sauce.

Yellow rice
served with
pan-fried chicken breast coated with almond flakes
garnished with a green tomato fritter.




Be very careful if you do frying, particularly when deep frying.
Happy Cooking!


Thank For Visiting
Susy





1 comment:

  1. Ooo, they are my favourite things to eat, though I've never tried to make them at home. I'll keep this recipe for when they flower again in my garnde!

    PS: I'm hosting an Antipodes giveaway and hope you will enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/antipodes-apostle-skin-brightening-and.html

    ReplyDelete