Sunday 23 September 2012

Smoke Bush - Potted Plants


Why Prune Trees
According to the literature that I have:  Established trees will require little attention to thrive.  A light prune for the sake of safety, health and aesthetics may be all that is needed.  Make sure you are pruning in a season-appropriate for the type of tree, and respect the tree's natural habits.

Deciduous Trees
Pruning any tree has to be done correctly.  This smoke bush, a beautiful deciduous tree was pruned/ cut drastically last winter.  Time will tell if the tree will grow back again.  I had to wait until springtime.

Smoke Bush -Winter 2012


I was too busy having fun preparing beautiful food for friends, I did not know what was happening in the backyard.  Rayner is also keen to do trimming whenever he has a chance.
Instead of baking, I should have supervised the gardener while he does the pruning.

Beautiful cakes for a friend's birthday.


September is springtime here in Australia.  All deciduous trees start to spring with lovely young leaves and also beautiful flowers.  

Crab Apple Tree



I noticed the smoke bush tree is alive and well.  There are view small leaves appearing on the branches.  I think it is going to survive, I couldn't wait how tall the tree is going to be.

The Smoke Bush - Spring 2012



Potted Plants

This spring my potted clivia plants are doing very well.  The creamy flower has a few flowers and about seven flowers for the other orange clivia.  They are well established now, and I could move them around for a display.
Potted Clivia
Orange flower

Creamy flower




My Potted Bay
Potted Bay Tree is in flower, the beautiful fragrance is so pleasing, we can smell it through the kitchen window.  Recently we visited the Floriade Garden Show in Venlo-the, Netherlands.  I saw lovely and robust potted bay trees there, at the Belgium Garden Section, I could not help it to take photos.  A single potted bay tree is as good, I must report it into a larger pot, and hopefully, it will look as handsome as the potted bay tree in the Floriade show

A Pair of Potted Bay At the Floriade Show


I will keep you informed about the smoke bush, within a couple of months I am sure the leaves will fill up with the beautiful bronze colour.

I am posting my experience about visiting the Floriade, it is a garden show which is held every ten years in the Netherland, very large and grand, so beautiful.  Stay Tuned




Thanks For Stopping By
Susy


1 comment:

  1. Mum I'm sure Dad did a sterling job with the pruning! He has loads of experience, right? X

    ReplyDelete