Sunday 16 September 2012

Home Sweet Home


A long journey to the Netherlands, a holiday for the two of us.  I shall remember the good times with my daughter and her new baby boy Milo, the train trips that took us to see different countries; Germany, Belgium and other places, and the daily activities that enriched us.  Most of all, the joy that we had to be with everyone during our visit was absolutely priceless.

I am pleased and proud to see my daughter Jane become a good mother.  I am so happy to be able to cuddle and to talk to Milo, I am sure he knows that I am her nana.  It is good to know that Milo has a very doting father, Edwin.  Three weeks, three months or three . . . is too short for a visit.  When the time has come, we had to go.  That was what we did, I miss them, but at the same time I am at peace knowing that I left an excellent happy young family.  They are kind, and they will stay good.

Now, I am back, however, humble your place is, it is home.  Home sweet home.  It is good to be home.
I am so grateful to all the friends who helped us while we were away.  I thank my good neighbours Jennifer, Bruce, who looked after the garden so well, and Brenda who looked after our mail.  I am pleased to see Jennifer, she gave me hugs, as we got home safely and she is so happy to know that we had an excellent time-a enjoyable holiday.

It has been raining a lot since we are home, the weeds are growing wild in the back and front yard, I thought it is a good idea to recover from the jet lag by working in the garden.  Fresh air will do me right. I decided to do some weeding; I have finished one strip around one of the roses beds.  

The sun, the rain make the plants grow but also make the weeds grow wild.



The soil was so wet that it made the wedding faster and easier; however, it took more than one hour.

A wheelbarrow was full of the wild and tall weeds.



In The House
When we got home, it was a sunny afternoon, soon I opened the front door, the friendly greeting to welcome home was from my cymbidium orchid, it was in full bloom, six long spikes with soft creamy flowers. I did expect those, as they were only in buds when I left.

Soft creamy cymbidium orchids are in full bloom


In the kitchen today, I washed mixed salad leaves: radicchio,  endive, mints, and lamb lettuce.  One job was down, and tomorrow shopping has to be done to fill up the pantry.  Follow by other chores, laundry, and other house keeping.

As the saying goes, you need a holiday after the holiday.


In the Garden
My potted herb and salad

In The Kitchen
Washing all the salad leaves individually

 Keep in a salad spinner, then refrigerated.


After a long break, maybe I have to give myself allowance to settle back into a routine in a week.  I am thinking right now how lucky we both are to have loving daughters. On the way home we stopped over at Mel's, my first daughter, we had a good rest, and she cooked us delicious dumplings. Maybe one day, I will create a dumpling recipe and share it with you all.

I do miss not to post regularly, but starting from today, I am sure exciting, and new topics are coming on the way.   

About an hour ago, I saw Milo and his mother on  Face Time, they are so far away, and yet they seem to live around the corner, what a fantastic modern technology this day we have.  Remarkable!  Milo looks so grown up with a red and white stripe suit, Jane looks well too.
They were having a good Sunday morning, as for us we were enjoying the late afternoon.

Have a pleasant Monday at the start of a good week.



Until Next Time
Thank You For Visiting My Blog
Susy



3 comments:

  1. Where the wild things are, eh, Mum? Hope you're making progress in the ole' garden ... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take a long time to weed, but the soil is soft, so it is easy enough to do. Love mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dumplings were yummy!

    ReplyDelete