Sunday 24 March 2019

STRANGE. . . . . . .



In the backyard garden, strange things had happened.  The Lisbon lemon tree is having lots of fruit this time, but all are green, they need more time to turn yellow.  Strangely, I found one yellow ripe fruit fell off the ground.  I checked again, there aren't any yellow on the tree. Obviously, it's the only one, and the strange thing is it has a very unusual shape.  It is a yellow lemon colour but the wrong way, it is not Lemon, it is mutant.   It looks like this, on the pictures.
 The Mutant Lemon 

I don't know about the inside as I have not cut it yet, I am sure though I can use the rind for cooking.

The Lemon Tree Laden with Fruits
The rest of the lemons look healthy, we have enough to harvest this year.

More Strange had happened in my vegetable garden, the self-sown pumpkin is creeping up to another plant, and the fruit is merely happy there.  But I do not think it is growing well, the fruit is not getting more significant as the other fruit which is sitting on the ground.  It won't make to harvest, I believe,  however, I do care for it, now I put a basket to let her sit on.


That is the fruit, sitting on top as the vine clings on the white iceberg climbing rose.  I put a basket under it, but it has not grown larger since.  I don't know what is going to happen.
The Look of the Pumpkin Fruit right now, it is growing but very slowly.  Underneath it about half mitre above the ground, there 's another pumpkin in which sits nicely on a particular place, it looks alright, and I am sure it is happy there. With a cup of coffee on my hand, I visit it every morning, and it pleases me, the pumpkin grows larger by days.
Sitting far above the ground, the pumpkin likes it.
The picture was taken on the 22 of March 19

The climate has changed, nature got affected by it, could be, that's why the strange thing is happening in the garden.  Even the white standard rose soon after the deadheading, it went weird, the leaves become yellow, dry and crisps.  And you know what,  I am telling you, it is dying, and there will be white standard rose no more.  What can you do now, nothing, pull it out and get a new plant.

The strange event had happened to us too. In my family, we both do the weekly grocery shopping together, and there are times that I send my husband does the job by giving him the shopping list. I am sure you know what I am going to tell you, a day that I need extra items from the supermarket he went to get them for me, all good on the list he managed to find, no less, but indeed it was more 'a bottle of cream' as he loves it.  Well, at least not buttery biscuits or chocolates, they far too rich for us.
One day, this is on a Saturday, and he volunteered to do the errand, and grocery shopping as well.  He took the shopping list, and only five items were written.  Before he left I told him that I need berries, he said: OK. Less than an hour, he was home, unloaded the grocery, and he showed me the berries. OH, WOW, What??!! That 's my response.  He said: you wanted berries, and I did not know which one. There were packets of berries; strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry.  Too early for Christmas, I thought. Do You know the moral of the story?  Be Clear!, explain it well, to avoid misunderstanding.  The message, good or bad has to be told clearly until the receiver understood.

Strange things can happen when the communication had broken, just what we had.  
The berries are going to be useful, good fruits to have for a week.


The Clear Message.
A cute story from one of my grandchildren. We visited Elanora, and it was before her first birthday.  We could not come to see her often earlier as she lives so far away so understandably that she did not know us.  Our first meeting was awkward, we met her in Amsterdam, soon we saw her and family, I took it for granted that she would be happy to be with me, I lifted her from her mother's arms to have a cuddle, and without hesitation, she screamed, screamed and crying loudly.  Oh dear, so, I handed her back to her mama, and then she stopped crying, quiet and peaceful, no more sadness. 

It did take a while to win her. At her house, we spent a day with her, but it did not go well at the start.  Soon we saw her, I greeted her beautifully, she looked at me or us right at our eyes, then she turned around to look at the wall, and stayed that way, facing at the wall for long.  Oh Gosh, how cute she was, she was telling me or us that 'No,  I don't like you'  the message was crystal clear, and she was not even a year old. Yes, children are honest, and she says with honesty if she does not like it. It was good, she told the truth.  Actually, she does this to everyone (as her mama told us), she would do the same to her Mama and Papa when she feels not sure.  Eventually, she comes around and happy to be with us to have fun and to play.
We understand each other better now, she loves talking to us via Face Time, often she sings to us too.  

It is not STRANGE that in adults life, people do send similar messages, especially the unkind one, I am glad that the message is always clear to me. Otherwise, the whole exercise is useless.

Well, the strange thing had happened in my garden, the mutant lemon, and the baby pumpkin which is enjoying sitting on the top far above the ground and suddenly we have to be parted from the standard roses because of the strange happened to it, and I could not explain.  STRANGE do you like the word?


It is a lovely Sunday afternoon, I hope you all who are living in this part of the world able to enjoy the beautiful weather, a pleasant afternoon in Autumn. It is So Right not Strange.


Sunny in Park Lane
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment