Wednesday 20 March 2019

A Sad Case.


In The Garden.
This year, deadheading roses were successful, but one of the iceberg roses was not right.  The following week after the job is done, the leaves become yellowish and looking so sad.  A week later the leaves dried, and very crisp to touch.  I do not know what the problem is.
I decided to trim all the branches, and now it has short stems, no leaves, it looked completely naked.  But still hopeful the plant will grow, the new shoots are coming before too long; otherwise, I must get rid off.  We wait and see.

The Rose plant is bare, no leaves now, before the leaves were yellow and become dry and crisps.

Today, a few weeks later, the rose plant stays, and it is drying out, no sign of living, it is sad!

Just about the time I must get rid off the roses which are not too healthy and to replace with other plants as looking after them becomes too much.


Espalier Fuji Apple
Fuji Apple in 2017
Another plant that I have is the Espalier Fuji Apple, which gave me high hope.  It came from the nursery and was delivered, and the plant had sixteen apples; actually I am not too sure.  Anyway, we did harvest those apples, very promising I must say.  But the following year was none,  no apple at all, it did need a rest, and of course, I took it as it was.  After that year, we had harvested Two Apples, it was disappointing, but still, we had one each to enjoy.  Luckily, this year the tree is good and well, and it is having lots of fruits.  I counted they were over thirty, I was pleased.  However, some of the fruits dropped off the tree, acceptable though. But enough fruits were hanging there and growing larger by days. One morning, I found that some apples were tasted by the blackbird for his breakfast.  How annoying I was, protection was placed the tree has to be covered with the hope we will get the fruits to harvest. Is it always a problem with fruit tree?
Dear Readers, what makes me angry is I could not see the pretty apples growing - hanging on the tree, as it is covered.  When I bought it, I visualised that I would see these reddish apples growing and hanging on this espalier tree, looking so pretty.  OH NO, and NO.  Looking at the rag covering the apples, just there, that is what I could see daily. Sadly because I did not fix it correctly, the bird was able to eat some more only eight apples remain there hanging on and hiding behind the rag.  Instead of enjoying the beauty, I have to be practical and looking forward to the eight apples to harvest, that's all.  Come to think of it, it was far too expensive to have the espalier apple tree and almost not worth it. Live and Learn, don't we all!

And here another fruit tree that I have, the pomegranate.  You may know already, it has been growing in the backyard for the past ten years or more.
Healthy Pomegranate Tree
We had the first harvest a few years ago, three pomegranates.  The tree is looking very well, it has been very healthy actually.  But this year, we have only one fruit which I check daily to make sure it is there, indeed this morning I saw it, and it is growing more significant with a little red colour.  Yes, we shall have one fruit to harvest.  I should not be complaining all the time though; instead, I should be grateful, so I have to be, one is better than none.
Only One Fruit on the Tree


What do you think, is it a sad case what has been happening in my garden? The rose plant is drying out, what the use to having an apple tree but the pretty fruits cannot be seen, as they are hidden behind the lace rag, and the ten years old pomegranate tree has only a fruit, what could I do more?

Have a hot tea right now for comfort.
Feeling good with freshly brewed tea.

Fresh Herbal Tea


I tell you what that makes me proud and please, is having fresh herbal tea-lemon verbena every day.

Look at this plant, Lemon Verbena in my backyard is growing, flourishing and flowering beautifully.




Sincerely, I do hope your garden is prosperous with the beautiful bounty flowers, abundant fruits from your orchard, and the grass is green, soft to walk on.




Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment