Thursday 9 February 2017

SO SAD!!!



More than two years, I have been trying to look after Susan's potted Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree, but sadly It did not do any good. So far I repotted three times, cleaned and replaced with the best soil potting mix.  I followed instructions from the book how to care fiddle fig tree accordingly.  But there was no result, in any case, it was getting worse.  The tree has become too skinny and losing the leaves.  It is growing new leaves the colour is lime shiny green, but after a week also, they changed, the leaves become spotty and whitish colour.
It looks regrettable, it needs help, but I am struggling.


Pictures the  Fiddle Leaf Fig tree, from different angles.  It is a sad plant at the moment, a hideous looking tree as it is ill, I hope it is not beyond repair.


I re-potted it again, now it has a clean pot, a new best quality soil, and I pruned the roots for stronger growth.  And it is sitting outside, away from the draft, a very shady place, and it never gets direct sunlight.  I took a chance.  However, I thought I need professional help, I went to the Grow Master Nursery for advice.  The advice was that I have to spray the leaves with 'Confidor', as he suggested that the leaves are not healthy because of the mites.  Oh yes, I have to spray them every second week.  I was in luck, I had the Confidor ready at hand.
 The look of the Tree and The look of the Roots
 There are no rotten roots, and they look well enough.

The sad Fiddle Leave Fig tree now is relaxed nicely and sitting outdoors for fresh air, I am not too sure it will be back inside the house.
It Is Sitting Between Green Plants.


I thought the weather is far too hot now, the plant has to be moved again and even though it is covered to protect from the heat, to be away from direct sunlight and the wind. Afterthought, I don't think it is a good idea, I must move the plant to the house, now it is sitting in the living room.  Yesterday I found three leaves have dropped on the floor already.  Very sad indeed.
The Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree
(Under Special Care)

Over sixty thousand people have opened this blog as recorded if anyone of you who knows or maybe more people know,  how to fix the problem, please do share it with me,  give me advice and write comments.  Thank You.   Gratefully, Susy.

Thank You All
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment