Sunday 5 February 2017

POTTED PLANTS


The weather can be hot and harsh in late summer, often we have a strong wind together with a scorching heat that creates unpleasantness.  It is not suitable for our garden in general, more so for our potted plants.  When it happens, we must protect the potted plants with care, move them to a safe place, water the plants properly.

Potted Plants are a part of the feature of my garden. My Indian Rope Hoya which I have been looking after for years is finally in flower. The flower is delicate and pretty, I love the soft pink colour.
Indian Rope Hoya Leaves

The Indian Rope Hoya
is Flowering

Potted Hoya Australis
The other Hoya Australis which I repotted a few years ago, now it is flowering too.
Colourful Potted Plants in The Backyard Garden.
Beautiful and bright flowers; dahlia, petunia, impatiens, yellow and red chilli.



The hydrangea flowers are so beautiful, it is the time of the year the colour is changed from hot pink to a cool greenish, and dusky pink with a rustic look. We are having the view of this beauty, not only from the potted plant but also from the hydrangea lane which grows on the other side of our house.
Strangely, I saw a new flower of the potted hydrangea, but the colour is blue instead of pink the original colour. Odd things are found in the garden; sometimes, I have to learn every day.

Many flowering potted plants are adorning the garden, no disappointment at all in spite of the hot heat. This purple petunia is cascading down from the tall pot, it brightens up the dark corner. So lively.

The other petunia plants are still going and the geranium which I planted before Christmas, now is at it's best.  It is growing in a large pot, and it is spreading and cascading down and almost touching the ground.
Potted Red Geranium,  Supposedly
It looks Hot Pink.

Acer Palmantum
Most of the potted plants are growing well and also flowering beautifully.  However, I have missed this beautiful Japanese Maple, the Lime Green Standard-Acer Palmantum.  For no reason at all last year at springtime, the tree did not come back to live, the leaves were not growing again.  I decided to replant it to the ground and also I wanted to check if it was suffering from roots rot, surprisingly they were OK, healthy and clean.  I did not know what had happened to it.  It is a sad case.

The Skinny Fossil



I must say, the Acer Palmantum knew how to say goodbye, the previous year, the tree sprang not only once but twice.  Does it make any sense?
Potted Pine Topiary'Cloud', Acer Palmantum
Wollemi Pine
It was growing at the wrong season, I thought.  The leaves dropped in autumn and springing in winter. Then soon after the leaves fell again, and springing in spring. It could be that the last winter was not cold enough, made the tree growing instead of resting, could be other reasons.
I must say: I enjoyed having it and every springtime for the past ten years I celebrated the beauty of the new growth, the fantastic lime green leaves.  It was a beautiful tree, absolutely gorgeous.
Now it is standing on the ground, what you could see only a dry trunk with ugly branches. It looks like a tall and skinny fossil.  Let it be there, it guards the garden.
Wollemi Pine at it's Best.
It is sad to have lost the plant but comes to think of it, I have lost far too many, and they were healthy and beautiful plants to start with.  One of them was the Wollemi Pine.  I got it ordered from Sydney, it's a rare plant.  I was lucky to have it for a few years before it's dead and gone.  Other plants were the two camellias, a cloud pine topiary and more.

Potted Pine Cloud Topiary
Yuletide Camellia
The Cloud-pine topiary which we purchased from the ABC garden show, grew very well.  It was excellent and happy growing in a large pot for a couple of years or more, and suddenly it dried out, the leaves went yellow to brown.   It looked good in a pot and sitting in the front yard to dress the garden. Indeed it did, but, it is no longer here.

These potted plants, camellia Yuletide- beautiful red flower and camellia Sweet Jane-pink and pretty are here no more.   I have questions about what happened to them, but I never will find the answer.

Succulent with Beautiful Red Flower
I was so proud to have the red yuletide which flowering every winter, it lights up the place during the gloomy winter.
I could not find the picture of the camellia sweet Jane, but I remember I got it from the Grow Master Traralgon, a year after the Yuletide.  The pink flower of Sweet Jane is a soft pink, and it was planted on a shiny green pot for the side of the house to dress the place. It looked delicate and beautiful when it was in flowers.

Gardening is planting, caring, harvesting, sharing, enjoying and other consequences is losing.  It's all. Good!
Succulents are easy to care for, they are a few of those growing in the garden, the potted succulent with these bright red flowers is the second flowering since I planted.
The latest flowering potted plants are these succulents, "The Aliens" I call them, as the stem of the flowers when starts emerging they look like a creature from another planet, but the flowers are pretty.

Pretty Flower of the Succulent



There are a lot more potted plants in my garden, I shall tell you about them next time.

I will continue having potted plants, what I may have to do is to minimise.  A few potted plants are better and less responsibility.  But the potted espalier apple tree has to stay no matter what.

Hope you all can keep up with your garden, especially the potted garden.




Until Next Post
Susy

2 comments: