Friday 21 August 2015

CLEANING


Cleaning Brass

The weather has been so cold and wet, doing work outside was impossible.  Staying in and being busy was pleasant enough.  My Moroccan teapot has been sitting at the same place for years, covered with thick dust, filthy and the colour has changed totally.  It was a beautiful shiny brass teapot and very useful.

Now it is time to use it again, but I had to clean the pot inside and out.  I did research on how to clean brass or copper correctly, and I found it.  I am so glad because it worked beautifully.


Cleaning brass and copper

Instruction:
·        In a small bowl, combine salt and flour.  Stir until well blended
·        Make a thick paste by adding vinegar to the salt and flour.
·        Using A damp sponge or cloth, and smear on the paste.  Rub gently.
·        Allow polish to dry for approximately one hour.
·        Rinse a piece well with warm water.
Buff dry with soft cloth!.

(It is a pity that I did not take pictures before I clean the teapot).



After a lot of rinsing inside the teapot, the first tea was brewed.  It was black tea with a mint the traditional Moroccan tea, and it was good.  I am sure the more you use the teapot, the better the drink is going to be.




Tajine cooking may be happening soon, and the mint tea will close off the meal correctly.


More brasses need cleaning up badly, but will I do it, maybe.  One thing I know it is very satisfying to see the difference after it has been done.  Keeping everything in order and well maintained is respectable.

Cleaning up continued in the house, and the sixteen stems of orchids have to be sitting on the entrance way now, it does not give enough clearance for visitors to come in, but a friend managed to get through it.  She is ninety-one years old, fit and well, surprisingly she does anything quickly.
The Orchid Plant

The orchid has been in the house almost two months, we enjoy the bloom but with cleaning up things have to move around,  but this orchid now is sitting where it can be seen better, so it is all good.  Soon I must cut the flowers off and put them in a vase for the plant to be growing outside.

We are going to see the Orchid Show today, must I bring a new plant home? If I did, I have to do another 'cleaning' work, as you could not put the plant inside the house without cleaning it first.

My New Moroccan Post
Clean and Shiny
(Beautiful photo, taken by Rayner)



Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment