Saturday 8 August 2015

Cascading Orchids


Cymbidium - Sarah Jean
This orchid has nine spikes and ten buds or more in every stem.  Last year she had a rest, she did not give me any flower at all.  I am waiting for the buds to open up,  may be in late August.

It is growing inside the house, in the corner of the dining room close by the large window. One stem and the buds are open, showing off its lovely colour.

Soft Green Sarah Jean
 Pictures of my Sarah Jean cascading orchid with its beauty.  The colour is very soft green with a touch of pink in the middle (the pale green petal adorns with soft pink labellum)

The orchid sits in a tall plant holder, it is just what the orchid needs.  When the flowers are in full bloom, they make a beautiful show.


Sarah Jean Showing off the Buds

Sarah Jean is one of my cascading orchids collection last year. The red cymbidium was in flower, but unfortunately, there are no more cascading orchids in flowers.
Pictures from Last Year.
Red Cymbidium
Pink Cymbidium

EXTRA

Cymbidium Orchid

Remember the last post about my cymbidium orchid with sixteen spikes and twelve flowers on every stem, well it is still here.  This is the picture, taken today 8 August 2015.

Beautiful Flowers of Cymbidium Orchid.
It has been flowering since Last month.

The upright green cymbidium, it has one stem only, I decided to cut it and put in a tall cylinder vase.  It looks so pretty, and I am sure it will be there for a few weeks.  It is so beautiful.

This month is going to be an orchid show in my neighbouring town, we may go to see it, I got a lot of questions to ask the experts.  I have to learn more about how to care for orchids.  My Australian native orchids are very slow to grow but not sad; unfortunately I don't have any flower this year.  Anyway, I should be happy enough, I am pleased with my cymbidium orchids which are giving me beautiful bloom this year.



Next post.
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment