Sunday 16 February 2014

Good Days

I like Mondays, it is the start of the week and hoping that good days follow.   Every Monday is a sports day for us, Rayner and I, we enjoy our Ping Pong games.  It is our sports, and we go every  Monday and Thursday.  It has been great and fun, and I could not believe that I had reached five hundred sessions.
I was awarded to become a member of The Traralgon
Keenagers "500" Club.  I received a beautiful gold medal, it is a gold pass I would think because from now on, I don't need to pay a fee any more,  how good is that.  I will continue to have fun, and the bonus is being fit and healthy.

I thought a celebration has to take place, love to share my cooking, especially for a special occasion. Beautiful savoury and cakes I must prepare.

The theme of the savoury is East meets West, it is stuffed brioche with chicken and golden rice.

Started with the brioche dough which turned out beautifully, and followed by custard making.
The dough at 10.32 am
The dough is doubled at 11.37 am










The custard was so smooth and silky, it is for the filling of the cake, once it is cold, add some whipped cream, fold and mix them properly, that makes it a delicious cream patisserie. Another bright idea was making use of the last pink roses from the garden to make sugared rose petals for the cake decoration. So far, so good.

The Brioche and The Cake










When things are alright around us, usually good deeds are quickly done. The cooking is going well, and I am sure the taste is delicious, and I am happy with the sweets too.

We are in the Autumn Table Tennis Competition 2014, and today is our first night, and I hope we will be doing OK. Winning or losing is still gaining because we are active and getting fit.

In the garden.
Crab Apple Tree
Surprise, surprise, while I was in the garden, I found the exciting but useful stuff.  My crab apple tree is blossoming again, and it is only the month of February, I don't understand, am I getting fruits this year, just wait and see.  The crepe myrtle if flowering for the first time, I planted only last year, that is very encouraging, the tree is doing very well, the flower is going to be very spectacular when it is well established.  Also, my Geisha Girls are in flowers, but one is better than the other; still it is beautiful.

Crepe Myrtle
Geisha Girl










Good things have been happening in the garden too, I could not help to share it with you all.
On Thursday, I shared the home baking with the club, and it was good.

Good days are here, and here again, I am sure.


Until Next Post
Thanks For Visiting

Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment