Thursday 2 January 2014

Forty Two Years.

It was only the two of us, but now, forty-two years later, we are thirteen.
I remember vividly that our parents decided to give a big party, it was a traditional Javanese wedding, it lasted for a few days.

Morning tea was at home today, followed by walking together enjoying enjoyable weather, our first walk of the year, and I hope it will be a lot more.
Tea For Two

We stopped at the Nursery and got a lemongrass plant to add to my herbs collection for my garden.   A very selfish that I said my garden, indeed it is my garden,  I created it, but the two of us care for it which makes the garden better. The garden is my refuge when I miss the family when I am feeling tired, and it is a place to be thankful for and to honour, as it is very sacred to me, my sacred garden - our home.
From one rose plant, now it has become eighteen, and today the fresh cut flowers filled the vase to mark our day.

Baking is a part of my cooking activities, the roses give me so much, not only for flower arrangements or their fragrances but also for garnishes and cakes.

Our three daughters are living far away with their husbands/partner and children.  Last night via face time, we had a long chat with Jane, Ed her husband and we loved to see Milo our cute and funny grandson. This morning a telephone call for best wishes from Susan, which was good.  Susan and her boyfriend Tris are heading for a day trip, it is good to know that they can have a break.

Melanie sent good wishes via messages, she is so busy these days having four children, particularly during the school holidays.
We are very proud to have very loving daughters, things have changed for the better.


  'bami goreng.' 
It has been an enjoyable day, we had a good outing and had dinner at home, a delicious 'bami goreng'-stirfry noodles. Rayner helped chop the vegetables, I think he did well with the onion.
It is very comforting to have a simple lifestyle, easy and uncomplicated.

Forty-two years ago, there were just the two of us, and now we are thirteen; our three daughters and their husbands and a partner, and five grandchildren.  We Are Blessed.



Thank You For Stopping By
Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment