Sunday 21 July 2013

Cup Cakes


Javanese Cup Cakes-Kue Mangkok
freshly steamed Kue mangkok
One of my childhood sweet snacks was Kue mangkok.  It is a steamed cake made out of rice flour, self-raising flour and sugar.  It uses baking powder as a raising agent and warm water, soda water to moisten.  The ingredients are so simple, economical and healthy enough, as it contains no eggs.

I learnt about the recipe from reading many the Kue mangkok recipes, then I pinched here and there to make a recipe.  Today I practised the method, and it worked, but I am not happy enough.  I may have still to adjust a few things and hope to have a better result.  The cake tastes good enough, but the texture was not quite right, maybe the cooking time has to be a little longer, instead 20 minutes steaming, it should be 25-30 minutes.


Small Delights


Pretty Pink-Javanese Cup Cakes
Kue Mangkok


Beautiful and pretty looking, steamed cake, that may be the grandchildren would like to eat, it was my very first attempt to cook.  One day when I could bake this cake with perfection,  I must do it for the family, and they will have a taste.
 A delightful cake for snacking.


Another Delight
Today is indeed a delightful day, while I was walking along in the backyard, I saw some of my bulbs springing, the daffodil, bluebells and also the jonquils, they are all potted, so I am looking forward to having the beautiful potted flowers in spring.

Springing Bulbs


 Another plant, the first flowering succulent delights me too, It was not expected, after all, it is winter,  maybe it is the right time for it to flower.  It looks cute, the flowers are so small.

Flowering Potted Succulent


There is no recipe to be shared today until I get it right, but I will do it soon, stay tuned.
 It has been a delightful day today, I hope it has been too for you.   Happy cooking and gardening.

Have a good week.




Until Next Post
Thanks For Stopping By
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment