Sunday 28 April 2013

Golden Sponge


Susy's Golden Sponge.
It is a light, plain sponge with beautiful, vibrant yellow colour.  Mother's day is coming soon, I thought  I love to share the recipe with you.  Bake the sponge a day before, then decorate on the day when you need it. Mother's day this year falls on 12 of May,  She will be proud of you and also enjoy your baking.

I baked this cake for Jane and her family before she left to go home to the Netherlands.  I filled it up with Chantilly cream and topped it up with a light passion fruit icing, it was so creamy and luscious.  Everyone was so delighted.

Susy's Golden Sponge Cake


The Recipe

Susy's Golden Sponge

Ingredients
A ½ cup of corn flour
¼ cup full self-raising flour
¼ cup whole custard powder
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 small eggs and 4 egg yolks

Methods:
Line and butter a large tin (size 22 cm)
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (non-fan forced oven)
Place all dry ingredients in a bowl, except the sugar, and sift together at least three times.
Beat sugar with the eggs together, until light and creamy about 10 minutes
Add in the sifted dry ingredients and fold them together
When the mixture is all combined and smooth, pour it onto the prepared tin
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes
When it is cooked, cool it then cut the sponge into two, fill with whipped cream and put any topping as you wish.

(I filled my sponge cake with Chantilly cream and topped it with passion fruit icing)

********


Everyone enjoyed the sponge cake, it was a sweet farewell, it was not a goodbye but see you again.

On that note, Jane presented a beautiful bouquet, it's an early Mother's day gift with a card containing a prayer.

It is good that the mother's day came early for me, I shall enjoy the flowers every single day, and maybe it can last up to the day. Thanks, Jane, Ed and Baby Milo

They are on the way home now, the holiday in Australia is over, it was a lovely visit, we all had a good time.





I love to share what the card says:


I said A Prayer For You Today

I said a prayer for you today
And I know God must have heard
I felt the answer in my heart
Although he spoke no word
I didn't ask for wealth or fame
I knew you wouldn't mind
I asked him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind
I asked that He would be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share the way
I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small
But it was for His loving care
I prayed most of all

A beautiful prayer, the right choice of card,  Jane.  Thank you.



Freshly baked golden sponge


The sponge is suitable for freezing, it keeps well.  Make sure that you place the unfilled sponge in an airtight container.  
Now you can get ready, organise the shopping list for it.  
Happy Baking.





Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment