Sunday 30 June 2019

After The Rains


Once Upon a Time, in Early Summer.
We had good rain,  three days in a row,  water was everywhere in our backyard.  I almost could not get to the herb garden, I needed the oregano and mint for my cooking.  Anyway, I got there, I got the fresh herbs but my goodness, I was soaked wet.

After the rains, the cool breeze is always very welcoming in summer, and the sun shines and keeps us warm and feeling good. The rain has stopped, and my back yard looks so green now.  The hedges, trees and bushes are so lush,  The plants overgrow, the roses start flowering again, I saw a few red roses, and the Just Joy rose is in flower too.

It was good being in the backyard, pottering around looking at
what was happening there, but you could not help it just do that, in the end, I did a little job, some places need to be tidied up.

Rayner was also busy with the hedges, and topiaries, now the place does look smart.   My tomato plants need sticks, I did that give a new tall and strong sticks to make them stand straight. Both were self-seeds,  I am curious what sort of tomatoes are they, time will tell.

After The Rains in The Backyard.


Now, we have to cut the grass every second day, it grows so quick at Spring.
It seems I always tell the same story, the same garden.  It can be annoying, I know that.  But thanks for stopping by visiting this site.



Green and bright colour of nasturtiums after the rain

While the grounds are wet after the rain, the best thing to do is weeding and fertilising.  Pulling out the nasty weed while the soil is moist is effortless so easy, I had to make the best of it.

After the rains, it is chilly but fresh outside, loving it. 


To make the best is my Spirits.


Thanks for visiting
Susy



No comments:

Post a Comment