Saturday 27 April 2019

'Dark Lady'


Today is a cold day, our heater is on to keep the house warm, but to be busy is the best way for us more so stay in a comfortable room.  People do garden; however, I suppose the fresh air does them good.  Visited my orchid plants and one of them is the Radiant Ruby that I have been growing from the back bulk.  And this is the story.
Cymbidium Orchids
The colour of the
Cymbidium Radiant
Ruby 'Dark Lady'
Nearly three years ago, I tried to grow a cymbidium orchid out of the back bulb.  It worked very well, the new growth appeared after a few months. The flower is a deep red colour, and the name of the orchids is Radiant Ruby 'Dark Lady'   In September 2017 the growth of the new shoot was significant and healthy.  I thought it will have the first flower within two years, but I was wrong.  Now is 2019 but there is no sign of a spike at all.
This post is updating my older post regarding growing Radiant Ruby the Dark Lady - Cymbidium orchid of early 2017.

The Growing of Cymbidium Orchid out of a Backbulb.
Keeping moist and place the pot in a warm place
(water regularly)
The planting had been done, what I had to do was looking after it diligently.  Make sure it got enough water to stay moist and so on.
I watched it, and now and then I checked that the bulb won't get rot because of overwatering.
I did look after it very well, and I did what I suppose to do.

November was the last time I checked, inside the pot was moist, and the bulb was looking good. December was a hectic month, and I know that the container is there and the bulb was looking healthy. I was too occupied with other chores and activities.  But in January, I found a little leaf emerging from the bulb, OH My Gosh, it's here.  Come to think of it, maybe the new shoot has been there for a while.
I am so so proud and pleased, as a novice, I managed to succeed to grow an orchid from the back bulb. 
The Back Bulb Has a New Shoot
Deep Red Colour
Radiant Ruby
Now I have one addition to my orchids family; indeed, it is the new baby.  I must, and I shall take care of it with care and love.  The new baby orchid will grow very well under my attention, and it will grow to be an excellent mature plant, and in three years, I repeat it again, in three years it will be flowering.  I am very positive that I will be there to take the flowering orchid inside the house for my family to enjoy.
The Black Lady-Radiant Ruby

April 2019, the look of the orchid plant - the Radian Ruby-'Dark Lady is pretty good, the leaf looks green, clean, healthy.


It is a significant achievement for me to be able to grow the orchid from the back bulb; actually, I did another one in the following year, and it's white cymbidium.  The plant is growing well but expected not to flower just yet. 


I noticed the difference in terms of the growth, the white orchid looks more prominent, more mature and has plenty of leaves because it has been growing outside since started.

At the moment, both of the plants are sitting in the house to protect from the wind and the cold.

If I am lucky enough the Radian Ruby Cymbidium which was grown from the back bulb will have the first flower in the coming year. I will update it for you.


This part of the world is cold and wet. The choice for me is staying inside the house and relaxed. Thinking of my grandkids who are playing sports today, I wish you all the very best everyone, whatever you do and enjoy the weekend.




More Posting Soon
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment