Sunday 18 November 2018

RED EMPEROR



I thought purple is the colour for this year, but in my garden red is the queen of colour.  The red roses showing off the deep red colour, the potted red hippeastrum is in flower,  gloriously festive.  And of course, the potted abutilon - the red emperor is also in flower, it is amazingly beautiful.
Red Rose and Red Hippeastrum

The cut red roses put in vases to brighten up the house.  The red hippeastrum flowers are tall, handsome the perfect fit for a room divider at present.



The Big Red geranium is starting to flower too, a beautiful splash of red colour throughout summer, its celebration Christmas Colour.  Red is indeed very opulent and loves it.


Red Emperor-Abutilon

Abutilon is native to Sout America, and commonly called Chinese lanterns.  It is a beautiful small shrub with its charming bell-like flowers.

This year my abutilon the red emperor is flowering beautifully, the tree has become bigger and stronger.  I think it likes the place, it has enough morning sun, well protected from the wind and the winter frost.  Keeping the soil moist and lots of mulch is essential.  I love the red emperor.
It is one of my potted plants, ideally should be planted on the ground.
The Red Emperor in my garden absolutely Gorgeous.




Once upon a time a friend just turned up at our home, I was so surprised to open the front door after hearing the doorbell to find an elderly gentleman holding a beautiful bouquet, and he said: these flowers are from my garden for you both and I cut them myself.  I was so humbled and honoured, and I will never forget. The bouquet was made out of the cutting of mixed abutilon.  Beautiful!  Thank you.



Kindness Stays in Our Heart.  It is Precious.




More Posts
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment