Wednesday 25 April 2018

ROSEMARY



Herbs
It has blue pretty flower and is very fragrant, what is it, it is a rosemary herb.  In my garden, the potted rosemary herb is in flower, and it is now at its best.

Potted Rosemary is in Flower

This is what I learnt about rosemary.

Traditionally, sprigs of rosemary are worn on Anzac Day and sometimes Remembrance Day, and are usually handed out by Legacy and the RSL. Rosemary has particular significance for Australians, as it is found growing wild on the Gallipoli peninsula.

The use of rosemary in my place is for cooking, for garnishes and for a bouquet.
Potato Confit with Rosemary
Chicken with sprigs of Rosemary
Adding rosemary herb to cooking meat and vegetables to make the dish taste better.

Rosemary and potato, chicken, lamb go very well.
Garnishing the dishes with rosemary is my way, love it.
A Pear Cake Garnished Rosemary



The fragrant of the rosemary herbs is so lovely, often I fill up my vase with the mixed herbs. 
The fresh cut of Rosemary Flowers in a Vase
Other herbs are growing well in my garden, they are looking alright now, but soon some of these herbs will be sleeping over the winter.
From left to right: wild rockets, hot chilli and flat parsley.

Lemongrass
Wild Spinach
Curry Leaf
Today is ANZAC day, and rosemary herb has a significant place on the day, traditionally sprigs of rosemary are worn.  I don't think people would have a problem to get the fresh cut of rosemary, it's a good season for it.

I hope everyone had a peaceful day and celebrate the DAY.






Shall I close off with a beautiful message?  Indeed.

Sending positive energy, a good vibe to all, lets us be in a happy spirit today and every day.😊


Until Next Post
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment