Wednesday 3 January 2018

January - Gardening


The first week in January, the garden looks alright, but a few jobs have to be done.  The grass needs to be cut, the flower bed asked for attention.  At a glance, the garden did not want too much, it's there for us to enjoy.  But until I did do in the garden, so many things were not right.  Flowering plants were drying, cleaning up was needed.  We had rain, and it was quite a lot. However, the ground is dry the vegetable patch, and potted plants wanted more water.  Anyway, it's all good, the chance to get rid of the extra kilos of the Christmas and the New year festivity.  Spending energy and calory from gardening was going to be the bonus.
Started with the trip to the nursery to get these beautiful plants, and it's always a treat.
The New Vegetable Seedling and Flowering plants and a slow-release fertiliser 
Potted Flowering Plants and Vegetable Seedlings
As always, after a while wondering, looking and shopping the garden's needs which I thought to have it all, but now, soon after unpacked, I knew, something was missing, the soil!  We went back to get them but from another shop instead.
Early Tuesday morning, I planned to be in the garden to garden, so I did, and it was almost the whole day, and Rayner joined in to cut the grass.
With my new apron, the gift from Jane and a new hat got it from my Secret Santa, I garden with style and comfort.  Thank you.


Planting And Repotting

Repotted the Espalier Fuji apple and the Standard Dipladenia Sanderii had been done, the day was not hot when I did it, and today is cold weather, I believe they are going to survive and growing well. Repotting is contagious, while I was at it, the clivia has been done too.

Working in the garden together quietly, no communications we both so engrossed in what we are doing to get the job done.
Rayner cuts the grass regularly, and it is his job.   And often he likes to check my vegetable patch, he loves to be involved in gardening.  In fact, he fixed the tomato climber beautifully, stood still and straight.

 It's good to know that most plants are healthy, but we have to keep an eye on the water, summertime could be scorching.  Pleased and Proud I was, and look how hard I have been working in my garden.

I am not sure what my parents would say that in my later life, I become a gardener. They may be happy for me, they pampered, loved me and always served me well, it was so sweet to live with my mother and father.  Missing you both.  They would have agreed that I love gardening so much.
I have plenty of room for improvements to be a better gardener, and I shall learn every day.
Beautiful Blooms 
Potted hoya is in flower. The roses are coming back and beautiful.

The Iceberg rose loves to put on a show, the best rose for any garden, indeed it does not have a fragrant but long-lasting bloom.
 

Finished gardening 😊So good though, after a shower, feeling fresh and clean,  looking out and checking to what I did was very satisfying. 



Resting on my favourite chair in the backyard was lovely, and I could not help myself thinking what I have to do next.   Gardening is endless, as you know.

It was an excellent start to the garden this year, and only better things are coming on my way.  The New Year 2018 is here, and I am ready for what the year brings.


A pleasant afternoon, enjoy the garden, it's such a lovely day.
A relaxing day in the garden, not to garden.




Until Next Post
Susy


1 comment:

  1. A pleasant afternoon in the garden, with our cuppa to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete