Monday 25 January 2016

Fruits and Vegetables.


In our garden the fruit trees are fruiting, the apple tree is doing well, the pomelo tree has about ten fruits. But the nectarine tree is giving us just about eight, it is strange, the tree is looking so healthy with millions of leaves.  However the potted figs provide me with hope, a few figs fruits are there, and I hope they are maturing for harvest.
The Fruits
Potted Fig
The fig trees are not looking great, I think it is time to be repotted, or maybe it is a good idea to transplant into the ground.





















I am happy with my vegetable patch, it is small, and I have a new hose which is fixed close by to make the watering easier.  The herbs have been there for a few years now, the chives, sorrel, mints are at their best.  I planted one tomato which is fruiting now, eggplant and I am so pleased that I harvested one last week. Three capsicums are growing well and showing some flowers soon.  It is a shame that the three vegetables are not ready to fruit at the same time, if they were, I could cook a delicious ratatouille.  The best vegetable which I planted this year successfully are apple cucumber, the seedlings were a gift from Eileen, our neighbour, thank you.  I have been harvesting at least three dozens of cucumbers, they can be very tender and crunchy as long as you pick them at the right time. I suggest, plant this apple cucumber in your garden, they are so suitable for salad, chutney etc. 

Tomato, Eggplant and Capsicum Plants

Apple Cucumber 
The three plants are growing so well intertwining with other plants, and also they are sprawling to the next space happily.  The harvests have been good.
T
Spare a little time daily to care for the plants and the reward is priceless.

I hope you enjoy your garden and have a lot of fun out of it as I do.





It is so good to have fresh fruits, vegetables from our own garden.



Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment