Thursday 14 January 2016

COOKING MEAT.



Medium Rare.
Perfectly Cooked Meat.

I love meat, and I love eating and cooking it.  But a lot of time, I could not do it right.   Learning more about joints and cuts of meat is essential and understand it well is important too,  that way you could cook them accordingly.  That is the key that I have to have, I had to learn it properly

Thanks to my Kris Kringle for the cookbook, indeed I learnt how to cook red meat better and correctly.  Before I got the book, my experience of cooking the meat was not good enough.  I had to cook a whole fillet of beef, which is the best cut of meat more than once,  the result was either overcooked or almost raw.  Now I know how to do it properly.

I cooked a medium rare of the whole fillet of beef successfully, and I served with simple garnishes which complement the meat beautifully.
These were what I did:
- I trimmed all the sinews and fats from the meat.
- I cut off the ends bit, and I had to make sure that the whole piece is at equal thickness.
- I tied it with string-kitchen twin up to nine knots, for even cooking and easy slicing.
- I rubbed it with oil and seasoned it with a lot of freshly ground black pepper and salt.

The Preparation and the Cooking.
I rubbed the meat with some oil, seasoned with
freshly ground black pepper and generous salt.




To Cook the Beef
I used a terrine dish to cook, but you could use a pan to pan-fry the beef.

I Cooked the beef on a hot temperature 8 -10 minutes to brown all over. Continue coking
 in a hot oven at 220 degrees C for 8 minutes.
Out from the oven, and I
placed it on paper, wrapped in foil
 to rest for 18 minutes or more.







The Beef wrapped in Foil to Rest

The string had to be taken out before slicing.

The meat was cooked in perfection.


Slice Thinly to Serve
Parsley paste in oil was added on a plate to serve the beef.

The meat was served with red wine sauce, baked sweet potato, and avocado dressed
in mustard sauce.
A Delicious and Delightful Beef Dish.


The cooking of the beef was the main part, it was crucial to get it right.  

To serve the meat is up to anyone fancy.  There are a lot of choices on how to garnish beef dishes.



I believe that lean red beef is suitable for any age group, and if we have it once a week on our diet, it is advisable.


More meat cooking is coming soon!

Fresh Fruits for Breakfast,  It is healthy and also a treat.
It is the new year 2016,  and a new healthy diet is for us.  We love fresh fruits and vegetables, and we cannot do without them.
Make the best of fruits in season.  Have them fresh or bake them served with yoghurt for dessert instead of ice cream or cream.


I am looking forward to sharing new recipes with you this year.



Until Next Post
Susy.

No comments:

Post a Comment