Sunday 13 October 2013

To My Dear Mother


Today is the eleventh year of my mother's passing.  She was so beautiful, kind, loving, generous to all of us children.

I remember her wisdom, her love for her family, friends and neighbours.

She encouraged us to do well, to help others if you can and be generous, truthful with yourself and always give people the best.
Her teaching is echoing in my heart always. I am learning to do my very best I have been trying to be a good listener as far as I could remember.

She was a very hard worker and a high achiever. She wanted to give the best education to the children, and so she did.  I am grateful.

My three daughters are beautiful, and they continue the tradition of being hard workers as their grandmother.

Melanie is very dedicated to her family, so does Jane, and Susan thrives in any challenges and is happy to work hard too.  I am sure my mother would be happy and proud if you knew them.
Her favourite colour was lilac, purple or in between, she looked so pretty on her batik costume with a lilac brocade kebaya.

Today for her remembrance day,  I prepared 'Nasi Gurih' with the trimming, but of course, I put a little twist.

It is not so traditional Javanese a style, but the flavour is close enough.  I am sure the mother would approve.
Delicious food to be shared, enjoyed with others was always mother's motto.  That was what we did today.

She was loving and beautiful, and we loved you.
Thinking of you with fondness.

THANK    YOU.  
The Nasi Gurih - Dressing up Nasi Gurih


Recipe for Nasi Gurih and the trimming is coming soon.  Stay Tuned.


Thanks for Visiting
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment