Sunday 6 October 2013

Buds, Flowers and Baking


A lot of rosebuds in my garden, flowers to enjoy, baking for the family and new baking of sponge that made my day.

The Budding Roses
Rosebuds are everywhere, uncountable as they are more than forty roses.

Flowers
Potted Snowballs, Snowballs bush,  Dutch Irises thanks to Rosemary and David,  and Orchids.

Baking 
Cauliflower and Asparagus Pie and Spinach and Feta Pie
It is fun to have different diets within the family,  which makes me busy and creative in the kitchen.
Baking and sharing, open fruit pies, apple, pumpkin and plump.
Cut into small wedges, it is excellent to be served after playing sport as a 'pick me up'.


The beating egg and sugar
for 20 minutes
Other Baking:  I found a recipe of a sponge cake in the local newspaper, and I am keen to try it, as it is not quite the same as mine.  I learnt through reading from the recipe that the beating of eggs and sugar takes about 20 minutes, instead of 10 minutes, which I always do. It is new to me.

I followed the recipe to a T, and my word it worked perfectly.   It is a part of my October baking, this month I have a few birthdays,  I thought it would be handy to have cakes to keep in the freezer for them.



The sponge batter
The Recipe For You.

Ginger Fluff Sponge

Ingredients
4 eggs
3/4 caster sugar
1 dessert spoon golden syrup
3/4 cornflour
Baked the Ginger Fluff Sponge
2 dessert spoons plain flour
2 tips cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp cocoa

For Serving
Whipped cream and grated chocolate

Method
Preheat a regular oven to 190 degrees C (lower for fan forced)
Using electric beaters beat eggs with sugar for 20 minutes
Add golden syrup and beat until combined.
Sift together cornflour flour, cinnamon, ginger, bicarb soda, cream of tartar and cocoa three times.
Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
Pour mixture into two cakes pan or one large square cake pan.
Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
When cooled, cut in half-fill and top with whipped cream and grated chocolate.

If using two tins, wrap the second cake in a glad wrap after cooling and freeze for later use.


(Recipe from Jane Ford, the president of Callignee Country Women's Association).
The Traralgon Journal-Monday 23 September 2013, Share a plate . . .
*******


I have not served the cake yet, I am sure it will cut well, and it's light and fluffy.

Today is Sunday, I wish you all to have a great weekend.

Thanks for visiting
Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment