Tuesday 15 October 2013

Red Roses


My beautiful red roses are in bloom.  This year must be a good year for roses, all the other roses in the garden are looking healthy, and they have a lot of buds too. The family will get together soon, and I am sure they will enjoy the garden, I hope the red roses are still at their best.

The Red Roses

Yesterday I picked some roses and was thinking of mother, eleven years ago she passed away.  I remember her with fondness.  I know that her favourite colour was lilac, not red, I did pick my blue moon roses for her, and I am sure she would be very pleased.

Thirteen Red Roses

It is lovely to have fresh cut flowers for the house, I made the flower arrangement of the red roses combined with white snowballs.  It worked well, but I needed more roses, to fill up the basket; indeed, it looked so beautiful.

Red Roses with Snowballs
Some of the roses are open, they will look even better when all roses are open, the family will enjoy this flower basket for at least a week.  Flowers make a house better and beautiful, flowers make a home.  The scent of the red roses is delicate, love it.

The very first red rose to open, it was on the seventh of October.  It's large, and the colour is a vibrant red.

I am sure we will have more fresh cut roses for the house, just like in the previous years.

In Australia, the weather can be very harsh at times, which make the roses wilted and dry quickly.  The beautiful bloom doesn't last long.

Indeed I admired the beautiful roses that I saw in Switzerland, so fresh and alive,  the weather was so bright, clean and fresh.  So perfect for roses, or any flowers for that matter.

We have to make the best for what we got, protect the beautiful roses if we could, otherwise just enjoy and be thankful.  I am blessed with my garden and pleased with the beautiful red roses.
The red roses are fully open
Photo today: 15-10-2013

Beautiful picture from Rayner's camera
Photo today: 15-10-2013





Thanks For Stopping By
Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment