Saturday 4 January 2020

A NEW START.



The new year is here, and did you look back? Did you ask any question? Did all the plans worked, alright?, and have I achieved the goals?  I am sure everyone has them. Was it a good year overall for me? It may, or It could have been . . . . .!  All is self-assessment and reflection that's important to understand where you are.  No, not stop there but moving forward, it is a new year, everything has to start again, deleting the unnecessary plans and adding the achievable goals.
Potted Roses with Summer Flowers

Lady Gardeners Roses in a Vase
I am telling you in my case, the start is from the garden, as gardening is my work. First noted, and look for the facts, enjoy that is there, in the garden. The routine workaround, in, must be done to get the load less hard. It is early January, summertime and the garden is not too bad, a little dry perhaps, watering is needed for all plants, trees and potted plants. The vital task is quickly done, especially the time I have plenty and with the help of my family.  Summer can be hot and windy but is expected, must remember that specific protection for the garden is needed, especially for us all, stay in until the weather is more refreshing to be outside.  Gardening is my work, as I mentioned earlier, it is a big part of my day to day activities. Right now, I love to share what is happening in my place.
Red Black Magic Rose
Secon round flower
Lady Gardener Rose

The roses are back in flower, but some of the second flowerings are not as 
good as the first one in November.  The red black magic rose (pictured), look at the petals, they are curled in, and the colour is merely red.  There is no more magical about it.  Still, they do look so bright and beautiful.  But the Lady Gardener rose is flowering beautifully, the colour and the fragrant has delivered as promised, cut two of them for the house.  Another beautiful flower is Magnolia, love the large white flowers they are magnificent.


Magnolia flower is so pretty, and it is suitable for cutting too.
Magnolia tree with its flower.

The Magnolia Grandiflora tree makes a big mass right now, some of the leaves are yellowish and dropping to the ground, creates extra works for us, but the flowers are serene white, as large as a saucer when it is fully open, they are suitable for cutting too.

What else is there?
The vegetable garden, the potted herbs are doing 
well, sadly I had lost my potted standard bay tree before summer, tried to save it but unsuccessful.  My attachment to the tree far too big, no, I did not want to throw away the dead tree.  Indeed, I kept and turned into a work of art.  Cut the tree and trimmed the dried leaves, with spray paint onto it to give a clean colour.  And here it is pictured left, a beautiful work of art, our Christmas Tree, 2019.  It's admired by family and friends.
All is about the backyard garden like the front yard is looking good too.  It will be a few changes that are the plan.  One of them is putting a climbing plant around the side fence, a white rose or a white Bougainvillaea.  The thornless and brilliant white-Miss Alice I was after but White Cascade I got instead.  I think it is going to grow alright there.  At the moment It's re-potted and let stay there before planting onto the ground.



Harvest of the Garden, 2020
It has been a good start, working in the garden diligently, tidy up and doing the maintenance well.  It is routine that I could not afford to miss.
The plan is to have a healthy garden with smart input. I believe it is achievable.
Yesterday harvested the zucchini flowers, that's the first reward!

In Regards to the Plans
Other plans and the short term goal also the long one are better to keep in oneself.  Now and then we can learn and think and to assess, have I done it, did I do it great so far?  We all have the time for that, the plans the goals are the guideline what we wish to do. The most important is to fill the days with ease but seriously and remember to use the direction. 
As the saying goes: live life to the full!  I suppose we could say, just go with the flow, relaxed living, no pressure, and so forth. No plans, and without the goals, are senseless-sadness because without them,  the times have long gone unknowingly and at the end of the year what we face is a big black hollow.  It is a waste!

All the very best wishes to you all, be pleased with the plans and the goals that you have set up for the year and good luck.
Lets your new year starts with a happy one and God Bless!



With the love of family, friends, and people around us, life will be simple and do all the tasks with confidence.

Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment