Sunday 26 May 2019

ORCHIDS FLOWERS



A lovely Sunday morning here in my town, the sun is out, it is very sunny, and the cold breeze freshen up the garden, what a beautiful day we are having.  Portering around the backyard is pleasant today, and here I visited my Orchid Plants Corner, they are delightfully happy and healthy.  Here they are My Cymbidium Orchids are good and well. It is the time of the year, some of them are flowering, but they are still in buds. There are not many, but I am glad to have them. One of the plants which are in buds is sitting in the house now, it is warm inside and well-protected form the win. I am sure it grows well there.  In a month time, these buds will open to beautiful red flowers.
Two Pictures of Different Angle
More orchids are showing new spikes and a large potted Cymbidium which sits under the eve has six long stems with lots of buds.  It is a beautiful pink cymbidium, soft pretty pink.
Two Spikes appeared not long ago.

All together five orchid plants are in flower this year, I am pleased, it's better than not at all.

To look back on my orchids collection at the time they were flowering is my consolation. 

These orchids so beautiful, we enjoyed them when they were in flower; unfortunately, this year they are having a rest, the plants look healthy though, that's encouraging.
To tell you the truth this creamy cymbidium (below) has been flowering a few times in the past but only five stems of orchids flowers, never like before.  Now, it is only a potted orchid plant, carelessly growing to survive.  I am not sure the problems are, it has the best care from the gardener.
The Cattleya Orchid is no here any longer, it has long gone.  It could be dead due to overwatering.










It is good to see, even though only the pictures, below the dated one, is Little Miss Muffet Cascading orchid, the plant is living but only a few leaves, it could well be an adjustment time after the reporting a few years ago.





It has been a lovely day, we take it slowly, all activity and work had been done before.  Thinking of the grandkids the children who are always busy every weekend, sports, catching up with family and friends, attending Church's service and so forth, it is all good. We both are working but in silence until meeting up for morning tea. Sweet Sunday, we are putting all energy back to our system by having mini Pear Perfect Pancake to go with hot coffee.

The fruit bowl is full of fresh fruits, and some of them are dying to be consumed.  Pear Pancake is  Emeideate Ectessy if I may say, today the Pancake we shall have.

 Quinces, Apples, Pears on the Bowl

 Cooking the Pear Pancake

Fresh hot pear pancake served with jam and grated white chocolate.  Deliciously Sweet

Here it is for the Cream Lovers
Sorry, No Recipe.

We have blessed Sunday, and I hope you have too. 

The Cymbidium Orchids please me, either they are in flower or not, they do look very good, very promising. Not for long, I shall enjoy the orchids flowers in full bloom.



 Every day is a new day, have a pleasant Monday and a Great Week.



Susy

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Mel, I am so pleased you had a great day on the opening day at your school, enjoy and today I am sure you have a good start for the week. I had a pleasant morning today! You are too busy, but love you to see the message. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the message, thanks mum. It was a good Open day and then Careers expo catering on the Wednesday. I’m trying to stay fit and well as I feel like a cold is coming on. I’ll have more time to read your blog soon, during holidays! I will for sure. Xoxo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Melanie, and thanks for visiting. xx

    ReplyDelete