Thursday 5 October 2017

SPRING (Continued)


Spring has Sprang.

Looking forward to having a lovely bloom of the roses.  There are aphids in the rose buses but control able.  No chemical spray is needed. The rosebuds have shown on the plant, it's time to give granule rose fertiliser for stronger growth and blooming flowers.

All plants and trees are beautiful in the backyard, so green, and there are colours too.

 Rose Buses

Crabapple Blossom and Wisteria

 The best flowering wisteria we have, it is beautiful and only gets better in the years to come.
Old Cymbidium Orchid, at last in flower.  A stem, the spike with a creamy flower.
Jasmine, full of buds.  

The Thuja Smaragd Conifer is green and stays green

A front of the side Gate, theThuja Smaragd Conifer have grown tall, could be too tall.

Good News and Bad News
Clivia plants were buried with Autumn leaves, and the leaves were burnt by the winter frost.

 The good news, I will have a lot of Clivia flowers.











Potted Herbs-Beautiful!
Time to bake herbs bread, scone, and savoury pancakes.

Espalier apple is in blossom a few flowers are showing off on the plant, and the green and large leaves of the potted hydrangea are very promising.

Working in the garden is endless, and this Spring, we ought to do a lot more, as we neglected the garden for at least two months.  But we could see the beauty of it now, we have been spending and fixing the garden.  It is a big part of my days, the children and their family are happy to their own devices, I am very proud of them, Thanks to the modern technology, we could see them weekly if we wish to, they may be far away, but they are close enough the world is small. I am blessed to be able to have both worlds, the garden and the loving grown-up family.
The Lizard-A Good Friend

A regular visitors I found today while I was pulling some weeds, I was a little startled I must say, but I realised it's the giant lizard a friendly friend that regularly come in the backyard.  Could be he was looking for food.  Rayner said it is harmless in any case it helps to clean our garden to get rid of snails etc.  Come to think of it, he may live in the backyard.


No Crowns?!
Asparagus plants, there was none, they have gone,  and too terrified finding out that the crowns may not be there any longer. Let it go, let them go.  But the other day I saw the new asparagus plant is shooting new growth and the asparagus looked healthy enough, picked five of them for our salad mix.  The plant was planted five years ago, and there is no sign of expanding, it does not surprise me, as the other asparagus has been with me over ten years now and it remains alone.  I don't understand I thought I have been looking after it with care.  But the good news is, they are here 'the Crowns are here life and well.  I have no more worries, just enjoy that I got.
 The New Shoots of Asparagus
Well, it is only one shoot in the garden really, but I show 2 the same pictures to make it more effective.  Usually, it keeps on shooting until the season is over, there is not a lot though.  Now you could see the dirty of my vegetable patch is, need cleaning up and new mulch.

Potted Rockets
Wild Rocket, Sweet Rocket and Dames Rocket.
These rockets are flourishing, been picking them to add to our fresh salad, beautiful.  I am so proud of the Dames rocket, looking forward to seeing the flowers it is going to be pink, a pretty pink.  And it is edible, the leave has the same flavour with mustard greens I was told, and the blooming flowers apparently could be cooked as cooking broccoli.
 Variety of Rockets
Wild Rockets
Sweet Rockets
Dames Rocket


Spring is so Sweet, everything is going, and what we do is to enjoy it.  I am sure there will be more story about the garden this springtime.
I have been visiting a nursery and Bunning store to get Ideas what plants would I be adding to my backyard, I know for the vegetable patch, all plants that are easy to grow and vegetables we love to eat.  Tomatoes, beans and maybe hot chilli plants.

On the Menu-A New Recipe
Sautee diced potatoes in butter, add in chopped the Dames Rockets, it should be yummy.  I have never cooked this before, but I believe it is going to be delicious.  Served with any proteins.


Have fun in the garden this Spring I wish you all the very best and enjoy the springtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment