Tuesday 19 April 2016

Nineteen Seventy Seven.


It has been thirty-nine years today,  since my dear grand father's passing.
He was such a loving, kind and generous man.  He was there always for us children-his grandkids, we all were very precious to him. The eighteenth of April is a fantastic day, a time to think and remember, appreciate and thank my dear grandfather.
To mark and to cherish my loving memory of him, I decided to do that I do best that is baking and to share it around, I believed he would be very proud of me.
He enjoyed his sweets-gula Jawa, and he always had them with his tea. Today I baked a sweet-apple cake, with a good spirit, and without any fuss, I shared the cake with friends for morning tea (Thinking of my dear Grand Father)
The cake was right,  I cooked from my heart, I did not use any recipe.    One of our friends at the morning tea asked for the recipe, she thought the cake was delicious, and she loved it.  Now I have to create it.

The recipe is for you Glenys.

Susy Apple Cake
Line a rectangular tin with baking paper
Set the oven on 175 degrees C (a fan-forced)
Ingredients:
10 delicious golden apple, peeled, diced and cooked until soft.
The cake mixture
200 g margarine or butter softened
3 cups self-raising flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup of white sugar or a little more
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method
  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix together with an electric mixer until smooth to a drop spoon consistency not to runny. ( I use my kitchen aid for mixing)
  2. Spoon and spread half of the cake batter evenly to the prepared baking tin ( you could do a little more than a half of the cake batter)
  3. Put the cooked apple on top the cake batter, spread evenly and add the rest of the cake batter over to cover the baked apple.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown.
  5. (please adjust your oven as every oven is different)
  6. Let the cake stays on the baking tin to cool.
  7. Cut it into a square and simply dust the cake with icing powder.
    (These ingredients that I used and the steps I did, as I remembered them.  I hope the recipe works).

I love to dress it with white chocolate icing and almond flake on top.

To make the icing
22 white chocolate button (Nestle)
2 tablespoon cream
(heat and melt the white chocolate, mix them until smooth)

200 g pure icing powder
2 tablespoon hot water.
(mix them together to make a smooth mixture)

Combine and mix both, the white chocolate and the icing mixture to make a soft mixture.
Cool and refrigerate until ready to use

To dress the cake: drizzle the white icing mixture over the cake and put almond flakes on top.  Cut into square.

Enjoy and Happy Baking.
The Cake
Slice Apple Cake

The Preparation
The cooked apple, I added some sugar to cut of sourness.
The cake mixture-smooth to drop spoon consistency.
Adding the cake mixture on top to cover the cooked apple
Spreading the cake mixture evenly. 
Freshly baked apple cake
 The white Chocolate Icing
 Cut the cake into square
To cut the cake into squares - Cake is ready to serve


My grandfather is no longer with us. He is in his eternal home with God since 1977, but he lives with me always, every year the 18th of April, I celebrate his love and his life by doing good.

Thank You For Your Love.


Until Next Post
Susy


No comments:

Post a Comment